Loving Bittersweet Chapter 22 Part 1

I couldn't have asked for a better partner to fight with.  I would have never guessed Draco was talented at spells, he never let on like he knew much about them.

And here he was, at my side,  fighting deatheaters.

"Traitor!" Someone yells drawing my attention.  It was Draco's aunt,  Bellatrix. 

"Hello dear aunt, " Draco says,  a wicked smile crossing his face. 

"I always knew you were weak, " she states,  "Weak just like your father. "

"Crucio!" Draco shouts. 

Bellatrix deflects the spell,  shock on her face, "I dare you! "

She readies her wand but I catch her before she could cast a spell at Draco.

"Stupefy!"

She looks at me blocking the spell, then she turns to smoke, disappearing. 

Slowly the deatheaters pulled back,  as did all the creatures on Voldemort's side.

"Why are they leaving? " I ask Draco.

"I'm not sure, " he tells me,  "The dark lord must be calling them back," he explains, "Come on, let's go see the damage. "

He turns and we both make our way into the castles main hall. 

Everyone was bringing the injured into the great hall. As we walked inside I saw many of my friends hurt, and some in far worse conditions.  

I look to where the body of a second year laid, motionless.  "Oh my God, " I say covering my mouth.

"Leianna, I think your friends need you, " Draco tells me. I follow his gaze to where I see some of the Weasley's standing. 

I look in the middle and gasp in horror, "No," was all I could say. It couldn't be,  I thought to myself,  not him. 

I run to them and to my horror, I see Fred in the middle,  lifeless. 

Tears flow down my face as I cover my mouth in horror. George turns and see me, our eyes meet and it was all it took for me to break. 

"George," I say as I walk into his embrace. 

"I couldn't help him, " he tells me,  "I,..." his words were cut off by sobs. 

"I know, " I say tightening my grip. 

I look past George to see Ron had joined his family.  George pulls away from me when he heard his brothers voice.  I look to where Draco stood watching. 

A sick gut feeling overcame me.  This was just the beginning,  this was far from over.  I look back to Weasley's. I couldn't help but wonder how many more of my friends, or me would die today. 

When will this end?