3 - What tomorrow may bring

'Nohm' the band signs 7 year contract with BB & Boys.'

'BB & Boys welcomes Nohm into their family'

'Are BB & Boys ready to rock with Nohm? Read expert's views'

There was enough and more news about the big house now owning Nohm and the press conference organized for this signing event created quite a stir stealing all major headlines in the music space. It was huge for BB & Boys to take on a completely new genre - this wasn't the usual 'train and debut idol groups' - this was Nohm, a popular indi rock band that had quite a fan following already. They were doing well musically, chart-wise and other wise. Noh and Ohm were trying to understand all the fuss as it was not their usual crowd. 

That night, the after-party for the boys got them introduced to all the biggies they've seen only in pictures and Music Videos. Noh was pleased with the way things were starting to look up while Ohm, kept a distance from the flashing cameras and drunken label mates.

That night, Phun waited for quite a while. The phone hadn't rung at all. But when Ohm and Noh stumbled in, he was relieved and a little mad too and it was evident in the way he handled them. He pulled the cover roughly and whispered, 'Noh, don't forget me when you're up on that stage singing for millions.' That was something that was lodged uncomfortably on his mind. 

The doorbell rang in the wee hours. Ohm woke up to open the door and found their new manager standing. He was smiling and Ohm didn't know why. He scratched his head and asked. The manager said, 'We are waiting downstairs - you and Noh need to get ready.' 

Packed into a tinted-glassed van, the manager and the boys of Nohm drove straight to the studio of their new office. Breakfast?? Thought Ohm. Is it going to be like this everyday? The contract was just signed yesterday and today, they are already put to work. It was a bit unsettling. Their manager was a bespectacled guy who was probably about a couple of years older than them. He had a pleasing personality but had a potty mouth. It was harsh at first listening to him cuss at everything and everyone. He however avoided doing that with the boys. His name was Cap. He knew Noh's little secret but pretending not to know served the band better.

That night, Noh didn't return. Phun lay wide awake. He was worried. He knew the harsh reality of the music industry. He called Noh several times. No response. As he was leaving for work the next day, he stumbled on Noh and Ohm in the hallway. They were reeking of alcohol. He let them in, shook his head and just didn't feel like cleaning them up again. He left after he secured the door. 

Pink announced that Nohm was trending on every social platform. There was Noh smiling, hugging fans, giving a thumbs up, hands folded in greeting, arms around Ohm, the peace sign, the heart sign, shaking hands with other stars and then of course, few bimbos hanging around him like monkeys clinging on to a tree. Phun didn't care much because at the end of the day, only he gets to wrap his arms around the lithe body of Noh. He smiled and nodded in approval under Pink's watchful gaze. 

Noh would update Phun under the covers of their large bed late night on the things he saw, people he met, their schedule and all the craze that went in there. He said the only thing that frustrated him was that they were not given much freedom to make their own music. It had to bear the BB signature style and Ohm wasn't helping - losing his temper and threatening to walk out on them. Noh had his set of worries and as the default leader, he had to be the peacemaker too. Their album which took about a month to complete between interviews and shows, Noh was beginning to look more gaunt and weighed down by the pressure of being BB artists. Phun felt sorry for Noh but didn't mention his concern. He embraced this guy who felt a little smaller in his arms now. 

Busy days, turned into weeks, months and they were soon celebrating the success of their 2nd album under BB's label. It was released on their first anniversary. The boys had grown closer but more importantly, they started growing more conscious about their appearance. They had an image to keep up. This was also a part of Noh's dream. Some money started trickling with their concerts, commercials and sale of albums. The boys were enjoying the attention except Ohm. Their stylist and the manager had the hardest time with Ohm who hardly smiled at the camera and did minimal fan service. Noh had to fight for him and also make up for everything that Ohm refused to do. 

Their CEO wanted to see them on that particular day - their first anniversary.  'Congratulations boys! And thank you for your sincere hardwork. As a reward for your success - We are changing your car. You guys will get a bigger car for transport. I have also booked a villa for accommodation. I know, this goes against what we had agreed on initially but you guys are now being stalked by fans and your security is at stake. With all of you housed together, it would be much easier for us to take care of you.' Noh raised his hand, 'Thank you for your support and we are glad to have proved our worth. But I have to say No to the villa. I cannot accept that part of the gift.' Awkward silence. Ohm chimed in, 'Me neither.' The CEO looked at the other two boys - 'and you guys?' Uncomfortable shuffles but no answer.

That night, despite the success story and congratulations by the million fans, Noh went home a little disappointed. Phun found him home early and sober. Phun looked at his face and knew Noh had something to tell him. Sitting next to Noh on the bed, still in his work clothes, sweet Phun placed a kiss on his cheeks and an arm around Noh to express how happy he was to find him home early. 

'Phun, I need to tell you something.' 

'What is it? I thought you'd be out with the boys celebrating the album success. I listened to it. You sounded good - all the songs are really nice,' Phun always complimented.

'Yeah, i came home instead - the boys are at the party. Ohm as well. Phun, the company wants the band to live together in the villa that the CEO bought. This is for security reasons he says. I refused. He wasn't too happy with that. Cap also tried to reason with me and Ohm. The other guys are ready to go ahead. I can't. I need to come home to you. I need you more than ever. I don't know how to handle this. Its not in the contract but am afraid, if I refuse we may lose everything we worked for because the CEO is pretty ruthless with disobedient artists. Tell me what to do?'

Phun stroked his hair and looked at Noh. He didn't want it either. At the end of day, after taking care of patients' medical reports, he wanted to come home to take care of Noh. Noh had been spending less and less time these days at home. It was hurting him. Phun's worst nightmare was coming true. Noh had to choose and he was asking Phun to help him. 'Noh, you worked hard for this and probably, its not like he would restrict you from coming home once a while. So go for it. Remember you're the leader and your members are looking up to you.'

Noh shed big dollop of tears silently. He felt a pang of guilt for putting Phun in a tight spot. Phun held him tight. They were trembling with fear of the unknown once they lived separately. That night, they embraced with more passion,  they kissed with greater fervor. They tried to forget what tomorrow might bring.