#10. Stay

If love were like water
I'd build you a fountain,
And if love were like stone
I'd bring you a mountain.
If love were like air
I'd set whirlwinds free,
But as these are not love
I'll just give you me.

(1995)
Charles Wiles

3rd Person's POV

They just sat there. Doing their own assignments. The engineer's on the floor, drawing parts of an engine while the doctor writing a long report. They just sat there peacefully with the TV's on just to fill the room with sounds.

Forth saw Beam at times, looking at his beautiful face, pinkish lips, those marks he made, and the bite mark on his thighs. Beam did it too. He looked at Forth's details. His eyebrows, eyes, nose, lips, his strong hands, and the way he held the pencil. No wonder even guys fall for him, as Beam thoughts.

Sometimes they accidentally saw each other. Forth just smiled but Beam turned his face away quickly.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Beam.
"Yeah, kinda." Answered Forth.
"Want me to order something?"
"Hm." Forth said with a simple smile.

Beam then ordered some food through his phone.

He sat again, but this time he stopped writing.

"Are you done?" Asked Forth.

Beam was quite for a while. He is thinking what he wanted to say.

"Forth. I.. What I did that night.. Because I was angry."

Forth raised his eyebrows.

"I went to your building that time.. Kit wanted to see Ming. I followed him because I thought you were still on outside. But then I saw you.."

Beam paused, he paused because he felt uneasy remembering what he saw that day.

"I saw you-"
"With a girl?" Forth cut Beam's words. He knew it must be that.

"She likes me. I know." Forth said, then he said again, "She likes me since last year, she is from Industrial Engineering, but she has many friends from another department too, including me."

Beam didn't say anything. He doesn't like what he's listening to, but he chose to listen to it anyway.

"I told her that I cant accept her feelings. She confessed to me just few months ago, you know. But I remain friends with her. I mean, not because I don't like her, so I have to be unfriendly toward her."

Beam stayed silent.

"Cant trust me?" Forth asked, because he's afraid with Beam's silence.

"But you were too friendly.." Said Beam with a soft voice, not looking at Forth but somewhere around his report.

"Did she does something too much? I don't remember."

How could you not remember it, dammit?

Beam rolled his eyes in disbelieve, "she hugged your waist, asshole."

Forth frowned and then he laughed. He thought it was funny because he didn't even realized what she did. But it annoyed Beam so much.

"You said you like me, but you let her did that." Said Beam in annoyance.

Forth was still laughing, slowly stopped, "Beam.. Really? You are so cute..". Then Forth put down his pencil and he walked closer to Beam. Now they are side to side.

"Don't call me cute, fucker. I'm still mad at it."

"Are you jealous?" Forth asked, smiling at Beam.