After realizing that there were no people left to audition from our school, we started to spread the search wider, hoping for an answer to our calls.

Daily, I would walk ride my bike to different shopping centers, putting up flyers and contact information. My parents thought I was studying in the library all the while. They couldn't know how invested I was into what? A rock band? They would think that was a joke. I knew that at some point, a teacher would call them, email them, write them to come in for a meeting. At that point, we were a month into school and I was failing two classes, and barely scraping by in my others. There was only one class I seemed to be doing exceptionally well in, and that was music. In that class I managed to keep an "A".

Eventually, the boys told me flat out that they couldn't do it any more, too bothered to see any more auditions. But I really wanted their bands to succeed, so I kept begging, pestering, and discussing more auditions. I suggested more, like making a twitter account and facebook profile for the band to spread the word. Maybe try to do some concerts and get people aware of us. But they remained resolute, thinking that my ideas were stupid. So I gave in.

I was sitting on my bed, finishing up an English assignment on the book we had just finished in class, my blanket sloppily thrown over half of my body.

My hair had been in a loose ponytail, my glasses on instead of my usual contacts. With a pair cotton sleep shorts on and a loose, quite revealing white tank top, I was in no way ready to see the guys.

But, halfway through talking about the protagonist's mental issues, affecting the main dilemma in the plot, a sharp rap sounded at my door.

Confused, remembering my mother was still at work, my head shot up, letting my gaze rest on the large door. "Who's there?" Questioningly, I called out, searching for a quick response. Wasn't Noah as her friend Allison's house?

Immediately I heard a grunt from outside the door, "It's Gage." His name was followed by a loud cough, which made Gage correct his previous statement, "And Corey and Wes."

Panic swarmed in my mind as my eyes flickered across the room, seeing bunches of clothing and garbage lying mockingly on my carpet, knowing I wouldn't have time to pick them up and change my clothing. I thought over my options.

If I picked up my garbage, they wouldn't think of me as a pig. It was normal for a guy to keep his room in such a state, but I was definitely not male. I realized that they would probably tease me. Most definitely, Gage would take it as hilarious, considering I was a neat freak when I was younger.

I was overthinking things, wasn't I? But wasn't that a normal teenage girl thing? Have I been normal, though? Should I just open the door, revealing the state my room and I was in?

Or should I quickly change and put something more modest. As I pondered that last thought, I looked down to my shirt, realizing that it was somewhat too large in the chest area, revealing the top of the lace on my bra.

In a hasty manner, I yanked up my shirt and pulled my hair out of its ponytail to cover up my shoulders. My face burning with embarrassment as I realized that I had wasted too much time wondering,

"Aria, we're coming in." Gage grunted from outside my door and pulled it open, stepping right into my doorway, where awkwardly enough sat a dark tube of red lipstick.

I smiled lightly as I saw Gage's eye brows quirk upwards and walk around it like it was poisonous, while Corey and Wes stepped over the lipstick without a seconds thought.

"...Lipstick, really?" Gage asked as he stared at a photograph of me and Skye on my birthday, standing in front of the castle at Disney world. We were really close back then. That was when I had just turned eight and Skye, nine.

"What do you mean?" I respond, biting my lip self-consciously. Stepping backwards, I hit my heal on the bedframe and sat back right onto the foot of the bed itself.

With my cheeks flushed from my previous action, I looked downwards, my hair falling into my face.

"It's just that you used to hate that stuff, all of it." His gray eyes looked judgmental, I hated it.

"I'm a girl Gage, I'm pretty sure we all use it." I didn't know why I felt so defensive, but he had no right to treat me like a kid. I doubt he would say that type of stuff to any of the girls at school.

"It's just not like you." He scorns and sets the picture frame down, a look of "wisdom" in his eyes.

"Gage, stop acting like you know me, you don't." I shoot back, my eyes burning, "I'm not the same anymore."

He crossed his arms and sat beside me, "I know." Sighing, he stares at me with a look of vulnerability, but why?

"Gage, I'm not a little girl anymore, so don't treat me like one." I roll my eyes and shift my back to him, facing Wesley and Corey, their feet shuffling awkwardly on the carpet.

Noticing their discomfort, I sit up straighter and smile, "Right, so, why are you guys here?"

Corey strides in front of me, his skinny jeans tight on his firm legs. I looked up to him and focused on his anxious smile.

"Right, so, we have news-"

"You found a new member for the band?" My eyes lit up excitedly, had they really done it? But then my smile dimmed, because I wouldn't be able to spend time with them anymore.

Corey looked to me, his eye brow quirked upwards, "Excuse me?"

I turned to Wes, "The good news is that you found a pianist, right?" Wes sheepishly looked to the ground, then back up, his tooth nervously pulling at his bottom lip,

"Well, sort of, but she has to agree first. That's why we're here."

Wes shared a look with Corey, both of them silently begging each other to talk next. Gage's hand hesitantly patted my arm, carefully avoiding the fallen straps of my tank top, too large to stay upon my shoulder.

"Aria, we really haven't found anyone new. We've been talking, and we think that you should be part of our band. Honestly, you've practically been part of this since the first day of school."

I smiled fondly for a moment, remembering my first day at my new school. 

"Are you sure guys? I've never been in a band before, I've never even preformed for anyone before." I shrug slightly, doubtful that I could be part of their group.

"Don't worry Ary. We'll teach you the rest of the songs and help you with preforming. But you have to accept first. So, will you?" Gage looked to me hopefully, I could already see the excitement shining in his blue gray eyes. Would it crush him if I refused? Would the raging storms return to his serene eyes?

I took a deep breath and twirled a chocolaty lock of my hair around my finger, hesitant as answered him, "How could I refuse?"

Triumphant hoots and laughs filled my bedroom. I felt the corners of my mouth tug upwards as I smiled at the most unlikely of friends. I was so happy I fell asleep outside that music room that taxing first day of the best year of my life.