11) Revealed

So happy thanks giving everyone! Sorry I didn't update later on. The song for this chapter is Impossible by Chantelle

FLASH BACK- this is a continuation of the last chapter but in a flashback.

After saying goodbye to Olive, I lazily dragged my feet back to Archer's room and slipped in. I flicked on the light and heard a loud groan from the other side of the room. There, Archer was sitting and reading a large red text book with a blue reading light.

"What...do... you... want?" He sighed heavily and slammed his book on the dark brown bedside table.

"Where am I sleeping tonight? Also, do you have an extra change of clothing?" I yawned and rubbed my eyes wearily. Archer stood up and went to his oak closet for little over a minute, and found me a white under shirt and red basketball shorts. I put them down for a second to tie my hair up in a ponytail.

"Here, and theres a guest room down the hall. Alexis is sleeping on the couch. Now, do you mind leaving me to, oh I don't know, sleep?" I nodded my head agreeing to his request and skipped out of the room. I heard a voice call out to me,

"Aria!" Archer had yelled. I ran back into the room. He was shaking his head slowly and handed me the clothing. I hung my head shamefully and trudged out of the room again.

After making the bed in the guest room I slipped into the clothes he had given me and put the clothes I had worn today on the floor. I sighed into the pillow and drifted off into a deep sleep.

I woke up feeling a a hand brush the hair on my face away. My eyes flashed open to reveal Alexis looming over me, a serene smile on his face. "Wake up, princess. We have to leave soon." Shocked beyond belief, I just watched with my mouth agape as he left the room. Rubbing my eyes, confused, I pulled myself from the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

After showering I changed into my white jean shorts and sneakers. I looked into the closet and saw actual girls clothing. It was full of pink and purple flower prints and hearts. I found the only tank top that didn't have any hearts or sequins. It was a deep purple with a black bow on the collar. Not my style but it was really too hot- did I mention that I'm pretty sure the air conditioner is broken?- to wear the long sleeve shirt from yesterday. Alexis had left the window open from this morning or something. Probably to let some sunlight in, maybe trying to wake me up?

I felt the sticky heat on me like a second skin, the effect was a waterfall of sweat. I felt like simply jumping into a freezing cold pool, clothes and all. I pulled the tiny tank top over my head and left the beanie and socks on the table. After pulling my hair into a loose bun, I walked out of the oak door of my room. The hallways didn't have a single picture on the wall or anything that could remind you of someone's family. Slowly, I trudged into the living room and saw Archer and Alexis eating breakfast. After giving myself a large helping of scrambled eggs, I asked the question that was still haunting my mind.

"Why don't you have any pictures of your family on the wall?" Archer didn't meet my eyes and spoke through clenched teeth,"It's personal."

"What do you mean?" I pondred aloud. Quietly, I sipped my glass of orange juice, which Alexis set in front of me."It means that it's none of your business!" Archer growled and ran a hand through his choppy hair.

"Ok, so why do you have a closet full of girl clothes?" I asked. His eyes became so sad and bitter, I saw a single tear escape from his glassy eyes and spill onto his cheeks.

"They were my sister's." He choked out his words and leaned back in his chair, looking u to the ceiling.

"Where is she?" My voice was soft; I already saw his answer coming. Why else would he cry?" He took in a deep breath and made a fist with his hand. He opened it and closed it before he began.