The Mists of Geolan - Part 2

[Skyean Space Raider Troopship, Wolverine [Grey] en route to the Geolan Surface]

The Wolverine [Grey] was one of the three Skyean attack transports serving the Duilleag's  elite unit of Space Raiders, the sleek arrowhead shaped vessel sailed through Geolan's dense cloudy atmosphere flanked closely by its groundwing escorts. Inside the slight figure of Colonel Gulo stood with their team over the wide tactical table that displayed a holographic plan view of the old St Valentines church and surrounding landscape including the nearby city (which was more of a town given the small population of the colony). The holographic model of the Church stood on a flat section of ground on an outcrop of rock linked to a nearby town with a pathway lined and covered by large vine-like trees. 

Two of Death Squad 8's transport discs could be seen landed at a clearing outside a town square surrounded by a grid of buildings spanning out behind and to the sides of the square. Each building was constructed with a uniform style and all with domed roofing, much like the modules found on any standard orbital platform. They clearly beheld a combat zone with red sections marked the holographic display showing places on fire. Small groups of six to twelve little green holographic people moved cautiously down the streets, seemingly in tactical formation.

"Now, this is what it really looks like." The androgyne pII enhanced unit commander clicked their fingers, and the table scene disappeared under a cloud of thick fog. The handsome colonel's thin features and straight dark hair hinted at an distant asiatic ancestry; they spoke with a strong Skyean-Celtic accent and moved as if under the influence of some localised fast-forward button--an outsider would have found it difficult to understand them, but the Colonel's team had long since become fondly familiar with their leader's unique qualities, "We have one hundred percent humidity with a standard visibility of approximately ten meters. The only way we're going to see anything is with an infrared overlay."

Gulo once again hid the mist layer from the table display and continued, "Normally the planet's processor would provide the models, but since the processor's been fried we're going to rely on objective modelling to be relayed from the mechs that will set up in triangulation here..."

They pointed to the roof of the church before moving quickly to the other side of the table, several troops, used to their commander's super speed, moved nimbly out of Gulo's path,"...here and, here."

Gulo tapped at the roof of a building on the far left of their designated combat zone and another at the far right. "We're going to assume that the death dealers are going to spot the mechs and understand their purpose. This is good as the mechs will draw their attention. We're also assuming that the enemy has their own solution to seeing through the mist as we can see them moving about apparently unhampered. While we'll still have heat detection, without an infrared model, they're going to think we're screwed and they'd be right. That's why groups Blue and Green are going to split up to provide cover to the mechs. Got that Sergeants Papavera and Thomi?"

"Yes, Colonel." Replied Sergeant Papavera from the cabin of the Wolverine's sister transport [Blue], She and her troops were watching the same display from her ship. "Our mech will take the nor-eastern corner of the town and share cover of the Church. I'm thinking an ATV parameter for the town position might be useful?"

"Good idea.  Thomi mirror that deployment for the southern position. My Wolverine's going to make landfall just outside of the town square--here below the death squad transport discs."

Sergeant Thomi agreed from his ship, "Colonel, understood."

"When on the ground my team will split into three detachments each of us heading to a mech until we engage the enemy. Anyone of these doors could be hiding an ambush so we'll assume breach-and-clear formations. Zero collateral and that's imperative.