A New Beginning

Ella slumped to the floor in pure exhilaration and relief. Voldemort was finally gone. James ran up to her side and she smiled faintly. "It's finally over Prongs."

"I SHOULD MURDER YOU." Ella looked up quickly to see Bella quivering with fury. "NEVER PULL A IDIOTIC STUNT LIKE THAT AGAIN."

"Bella," Ella pulled on her sleeve lightly. Her twin sank warily to face her. "It's okay." She pulled her into a gentle embrace and Bellatrix stiffened slightly. "I love you, Bells," she whispered in her ear.

"I love you too," the words fell a bit harshly from her lips, but Ella beamed. Bellatrix pulled back "Now stop being so dramatic and focus on your ruddy injury."

"What about the other Death Eaters?" Ella strained to get a view of the rest of the Great Hall.

"They're being taken care of," Remus assured her with a worried expression. "Bellatrix.." her sister stiffened at his use of her name. "Place your hand on Ella's side."

Bellatrix stared at him, repulsed. "What?"

"Just do it," Remus snapped.

Affronted, she placed her hand over Ella's wound, stiffening at the blood. Ella winced and sucked in a quick breath.

"Now focus on the wound being healed," Remus encouraged. "Close your eyes."

Ella watched in amazement as her twin obeyed and her hand began to glow. The light grew brighter and brighter until Ella was forced to look away. Suddenly, it faded. Bellatrix opened her eyes and carefully lifted her hand when the group gasped. The skin along Ella's ribs had regrown and no sign of the puncture could be seen.

"The Twin Connection," Remus explained. "Legend has it that some twins have a certain bond and because of that, have particular capabilities with each other. There are some extraordinary stories."

"Once again your nerdiness has come in handy, Moony," Sirius stepped up from behind them with a small grin. "I'm seriously debating opening a book."

Ella raised an eyebrow. "Really?" she teased.

"Never," Sirius promised and he kneeled to help Ella stand. "You did good cuz."

"How's Regulus?" Ella asked, concerned.

"Moony and Wormy here managed to talk him down," Sirius sent a prideful look at his friends. "He'll still be locked up with the others while we clean up."

Ella nodded in relief before finally meeting James' gaze. "Thank you.." she was cut off as James leaned forward and kissed her promptly on the lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck and returned it steadily.

"You treat her right Potter, or I'll hex you."

Ella spun and grinned at the smirking redhead. "Lily," she bounded over and ensnared the girl in a hug.

"You ruined the moment Evans," James complained.

Lily rolled her eyes as Ella drew away. The blonde's smile faltered as she surveyed the destruction. There were too many bodies and much blood. The adults buzzed about the space as they slowly begun to repair the damages. Then, her eyes began to light up as an idea formulated and she turned on the spot, whirling into her Animagus. As a Phoenix, Ella swooped on the people below and bent down to drip a few tears on their injuries. Her friends followed, helping students to the Hospital Wing and securing defenseless Death Eaters.

Ella flew down the next hall when she froze. Frank Longbottom kneeled, sobbing over a very still Alice.

"No," she whispered and sprinted over. "Want happened?"