The Retrieval of Bellatrix

Ella readjusted the snake belt on her dress, trying to keep it from pinching. She was once again disguised as a Death Eater. Glancing backward, she checked on her friends. They trudged through the swamp behind the Rookwood Manor carefully with disgusted looks on their faces.

"The mud is staining my skin," Sirius whined, his hair restored to it's former glory. Ella had seriously feared for James's life when Padfoot had woken up to a bald head, he had only been consoled when Remus reluctantly offered to grow it back.

"My glasses are completely blurry," James complained, wiping his sleeve over them.

Ella stopped and reached out a hand, an idea in her head. "Give me the glasses." James handed them to her and she tapped them quickly with her wand before returning the item. "They should repel water now."

James put them on, squinting. "You're brilliant Ashes."

Ella rolled her eyes. "Do NOT use Pettigrew's horrid name," she glared at the innocent looking boy. "I got the idea when my friend Hermione used it to help Har- our friend who played Quidditch."

"Was he any good?" James perked up at the mention of the sport.

Ella felt a wave of sadness. "He was fantastic."

"Better than Prongsie and I?" Sirius's face was set.

"Possibly." Ella's voice faded as they approached the back of the Manor.

"Another morbid mansion. Arrogant purebloods," Sirius sniffed.

"You are a pureblood Padfoot," Remus pointed out mildly.

"Ah Moony. But I'm not arrogant."

Everyone rolled their eyes at Sirius' comment. Ella stopped as they reached the edge of the lawn. "Okay, Sirius hide out by the front door, James close behind. Remus and Peter stand guard and keep watch. Lily, keep an eye on the back. They'll treat you the worst if we get caught." Ella sighed bitterly. "I'll try and find Bellatrix." She withdrew a flask and dropped a stand of black hair daintly in. "As Bellatrix." Ella gulped down the purple Polyjuice Potion, feeling her insides instantly began to churn. She shrank a bit and saw a mass of dark hair tumble down her back. She spluttered as the odd taste filled her mouth, not relaxing unitl the transformation was complete. "Let's go," she commanded in her sister's voice.

"You look horrible," Sirius shuddered at her new appearance.

"Why is this necessary again?" Remus looked disconcerted.

"Bellatrix is very high up in the Death Eater ranks. Hopefully no one will ask any questions if Ella has to do something completely drastic," Lily quickly explained.

"Bella is insane," James agreed, his eyes scanning Ella's face.

Ella gave her friends a strong smile before mustering her courage and strutting in the doors. A grand hallway lay before her, decorated with mirrors and countless pictures depicting rather unpleasant looking wizards. Ella shuddered and tried to avoid looking at one thing for two long, searching desperately for her sister. A few Death Eaters gave her a nod, which she returned coldly, but besides that the air was silent and tense. The hidden figures seemed on edge, like something was about to happen.

I need to get out of here before Voldemort arrives, Ella thought. She turned the corridor and searched the rooms until she found the private drawing room, Bellatrix's favorite place. Sure enough, her sister stood at the window gazing outside. Ella raised her wand "Silencio." Her twin turned to face her, fury burning in her eyes. Ella quickly whipped her wand, summoning the strong ropes Remus had recently showed her. They snaked their way securely around Bellatrix, but Ella made sure they weren't too tight. Throwing her sister's hood over her head, Ella raised her body in the air and had it floating behind her creepily as she strode out.