Invite

I woke up at 11:00am and saw a message on my phone on Saturday morning, it was from Rory. She had sent it two hours ago.

RORY: oi you didn't text! I guess we are done... Just kidding, would you like to go to a movie tonight?

ME: oh god I'm sorry! 😳 I just woke up and do you really want to take me to a movie?

I got out of bed and went to have a shower when she replied.

RORY: ahaha sleepy head your so cute, of course I want to go to the movies with you wouldn't have invited you if I didn't!

I waited a while to reply so I didn't look desperate.

ME: oh well I'll check with my brothers! What's the movie?

I had my shower, put some clothes on when she replied again.

RORY: it's tomorrow when the war began, I know what your thinking weird movie to go and watch but it's my fav! I hope your okay with that?

I didn't get to read it cause Jai took it and read it out loud! "Aww cute you didn't tell me You had a girlfriend?" He said giving me goo goo eyes "I don't I like her but we don't go out we are just friends!" I say snatching my phone off him "dude she asked you to a movie that's a date!" Jai said giving me a hug " you are just so oblivious to everything!" he said while walking away making me think, is it really a date? am I going out with one of the hottest girls at school? also the most caring and sweet girl!

ME: hey don't say it like that I love that movie and my brothers said it's fine. well they didn't really say anything but one read the messages and told me it was a date awkward I'm sorry about that.

Almost instantly she replied.

RORY: why are you sorry? it is a date

ME: oh well I have to go I'll see you then

RORY: see you then xx

"JAI" I called out "YOU WERE RIGHT!" he came over to me. " what, did you doubt me? trust me I know a lot about girl language." "But I'm nervous I don't know what to do?" "well let's go get you a hair cut first" "new glasses aswell" I say making sure he remembered. "okay let's go!" he said getting the car keys.

"We never go out together anymore!" I say turning and looking out the window. "I'm sorry buddy I'll try and put more effort in I promise I've just been really busy organising something." "organising what." "umm you don't need to know." "okay??" I answered.

When we got to the hair dressers I didn't know what to get. " hello honey how may I help you?" " I'm not sure what I want." I said. "it's his first date surprise him with something hot." Jai said making me uncomfortable straight away. "ok honey so how are you? So I'm just gonna give you a surprise is that ok Hun?" I just nod my head.

At the end if the hair cut I had a hairstyle that was shaved but not to much on the sides and pushed up windswept hair on the top. really not me but I could probably get used to it but it might take a while.

Then we went to get glasses and I had no idea how many glasses there would be to choose out of. "I think I'll go with the bebop glasses." I say to the cashier.

"Well I guess we can get you some more clothes if you would like?" Jai says. "sure but do we have the money?" " Yea I got paid heaps on overtime." "ok, and thank you for helping me out I love you?" I say then I realised I said that out loud. " I love you too buddy now let's get to work."

I bought my own pair of hightop converse and some skintight light denim jeans with a green Marvin the Martian tank top and an Aztec patterned snap back. "Damn you look good." Jai said in a very extravagant accent making us both laugh.

When we got home I went for a walk with Tiger to release all the energy I has inside me. today has been a good day buddy. I can't wait till my date!