Thirty-one • Beaten

Comenzar desde el principio

But did he really? Where was that brother now? My mind started believing something else, Jonathan never thought about me because all he wants is the kingdom. He wants to be the king, a greedy and ruthless ruler. He hated me for stealing that from him even if I never did, I never wanted to be a queen, I just wanted to be a normal girl.

Seeing him hit me over repeatedly slowly erased the memory I had of him. Every lash made his image of a good brother fade away. Each whip that he landed on my skin turned my heart against him. Although he wanted this to stop, telling me to start counting until we reach fifty, my mouth never opened.

It wasn't because I could not speak. It's because I know that as soon as my words fall out of my mouth, I would not be counting numbers, I would pour all my wrath and hatred to him, something that I'd much rather put action into it than telling him in spiteful words.

Jonathan Lowell has never been and will ever be my brother. He's just one of them, a cold-hearted, blood-thirsty, vile creature.

I did not know how much my body could still go through, this day will never be erased in my mind. The scars and bruises that were starting to form, they will be the constant reminder of who I was before I completely change into someone new, a better and strong Felicity Lowell.

While more wounds scarred my skin, my soul burned brighter. Pain and fear, it doesn't bring me down, it makes me want to fight because I am not someone to back down.

"You hit like a girl," the devil, Dominic mocked but I saw the resistance in Jonathan's eyes. I knew that he wasn't at fault why I am enduring this pain but I couldn't bring myself to have sympathy for him.

Jonathan dropped the whip, he looked more exhausted and in pain than I was. "I am not your puppet, Dominic!" He angered him to the point that he landed a punch in the devil's face.

I thought that Dominic would fight back but instead, I saw another familiar man walk inside the room, holding a woman. Both of them looked so familiar but I couldn't see well with the dimly-lit room.

"You're disposable, Jonathan," Dominic growled and brought the other woman closer to him as he choked her neck. "You're pathetic, you're weak!"

That's when I finally recognized her, Katherine. She was brought by the other familiar man, Hayden. Another betrayer that I used to trust, I quickly wondered what his king, Dimitrius will do to him if he finds about his deception.

I locked eye contact with Katherine. There wasn't an ounce of fear in her eyes, all I saw was anger and determination. She loathes my brother more than anyone else, I knew that for sure.

"K-Katherine what ar-are you doing here?" Never have I heard my own brother stutter nervously between his words.

Dominic gripped Katherine's neck tighter and laughed, "Well, aren't you enjoying the show? The two destined mates, always finding their way back into each other's arms again."

Hayden and Katherine were exchanging looks like they knew something was about to happen. Then, out of the blue, Katherine bit Dominic's hand and said, "You won't enjoy this show."

Everything happened like a blur, Katherine grasped Jonathan's arm, sending him out of the room while Hayden suddenly had vampires beside him, all ready to fight Dominic.

But no one's going to win without a fight, Dominic had his own servants surrounding him, they were holding knives and guns, all of which were loaded with wooden bullets.

"You think I am stupid? Why would the almighty sister of the vampire king surrender herself, huh? And you, Hayden, turning your back against Dimitrius just because you want to be by my side is the dumbest excuse I have ever heard," Dominic laughed and growled at the same time.

Some vampires lurked their eyes towards me, my barely clothed and tied up body, no one bothered to help me out of the restraints. Hayden's men looked at me with pity while Dominic's servants looked at me with malice that disgusted me to the bones.

"Then why take me in, Dominic? If you knew that I would never side by you, why did you let me in your circle?" Hayden threw a knife that Dominic dodged, making it hit another vampire instead.

Dominic stepped away from them and went towards where I was. He held a dagger, tracing it across my skin, giving me wounds over the ones that Jonathan created. "Like I said, I am not stupid," he growled and pressed the dagger closer to my throat.

One moment, I was held up high, suspended to the ceiling, a dagger pointed to my throat, ready to slit anytime. Then, I felt a whipping sound that cut the ropes in my hand, sending me to fall straight to the ground.

I waited for the impact yet it never came instead, warm familiar hands caught me and instantly, I met with the most beautiful oceanic eyes that I saw.

The person who swiftly cut the ropes on my hand was now standing before Dominic while my mate held me in his arms, worry, love, and passion were evident in his eyes.

My ears heard a voice, one that sounded so familiar in my dreams. The voice that sang my lullabies and comforted my cries. She said,

"Stop hurting my daughter for something I have done, your coward!"

But before I could look at her once more, hell broke loose.

• • • •
Thank you so much for 23.4K reads, your support is my motivation! Here's a chapter that leads to the very climax of this book and I hope you guys read until the end because I'm pouring all my mind and heart's efforts for y'all. Don't forget to always vote, comment, and share!

1.) How's this chapter?

2.) Any messages for Katherine?

3.) What do you think will Felicity do?

4.) Who missed Dimitrius?

5.) Any ideas for the next chapter?

See you on the next update!