•Magic • Part 2•

Start from the beginning

   "Close enough, cat," I mumble, careful not to say anything to offend the thing.

▪Time Skip▪
Tukisama Train Station

   "Ugghhh..." Natsu groans, finally gaining consciousness after I had punched him in the gut. It's been almost 2 hours since we boarded. Luckily for us, we arrived around 6:20, giving us enough time to explore.

   "I got this," Erza reassures Happy as he was about to pick the hot head up. He simply nods.

   "This is it? This small town? Seems pretty normal to me," Lucy points out. She had a valid point, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

   "They did mention it usually happened around 8 or 9 at night to early morning. At least, that's what I thought I read," Erza says. I nod.

   "Where's the food? I'm starving!" Happy whined, Natsu quickly perking up at the word 'food.'

   "Food does sound good. I'm starvinggggg," Natsu complains swiftly after Happy's remark.

   "Let's get a move on, we don't have much time before sundown," Gray urges with his hands in his pockets. Surprisingly, he still had clothing on.

   "Good with me. It also will get those two morons to shut up," I agree. For once, he nods like he was being friendly.

   We end up walking around the town, asking townsfolk for useful locations like: temporary sleeping quarters if needed, chief's home, and who can provide us some food to have for the time we're here. We ended up at the chief's house last, it was at the end of the cheery town. Erza ended up speaking with the chief, known as Nekosawa, about the details. The curse was worse than we initially thought. It has taken a painful toll on the townsfolk, the food resources, and sometimes it wiped out buildings completely according to Nekosawa.

   Despite all the pain Tukisama's folk are taking, they manage to keep a cheery aromas. I wonder how long it took to get through that. Pity that they have to go through this without any explanation.

   "Come now, we shall eat before we start. I'm sure everyone is at least a little hungry," Erza responsibly says.

   "FOOOOOOD! FOOD, FOOD, FOOD," Happy and Natsu chant. Gray scolds them and knocks Natsu over the head with his fist.

   "Knock it off. They're just hungry and have an unhealthy obsession with food. If they're annoying, block them out," I shun Gray. He mumbles something inaudible. "What was that?" He shakes his head. "A'ight."

   The townsfolk are rather kind in my eyes. They fed us all well, including Natsu who eats 5 tons of food and fire. I quite enjoyed the lovely feast, it celebrates our arrival and our help we are here to provide. By the time we finish completely, it's 7:54 P.M.

   "Hey Erza, before we exactly jump to conclusions on what this curse might be, how about we take a small look. In 6 minutes or so, the civilians and other objects should be talking a different form, possibly different colours, this could be our early chance," I suggest to her, Erza seems to be conflicted.

   "I do want to say that would be the right thing to do, but what if the people of this town get hurt the process?"

   "I see your concern," I reassure, "But there's no way we're going to do this without them changing tonight no matter if we like it or not," Erza shakes her head, knowing there's no way to avoid it. "Plus, on the bright side we'll know what's going on and we'll have time to ask the folks on how they feel or we can roam around."