'Peppermint, Tobacco, And Blackberry Brandy!'

"Welcome home, baby," Stevie smiles warmly, as she and Susan walk into the house.

"I can carry a bag, mom..." Susan chuckles softly, as she gestured to the bags- that Stevie was struggling a bit with.

"Nonsense! you must be famished... and plum worn out," Stevie pouts.

"I'm not going to mislead you mom–"

"Good," snickered Stevie, as she winks at her daughter.

"I may be a bit jet lagged- but I'm more than capable of carrying my own bags!"

"No daughter of mine is going to lift a finger after a long and stressful flight," exclaimed Stevie, fervently- as she doesn't want her daughter to do anything... she wants Sara to rest and relax.

"Mom!" Susan chuckles.

"No... you have absolutely zero say in the matter, Sara. Just, you know... concede defeat, and drop it, sweetie," said Stevie- her voice devoid of emotion; although, Stevie had a smirk.

"Okay," sighed Susan, as she lifts her hands in defeat. "My cloaking device has been de-activated," Susan chuckles softly, as she then emits a whirring-sound.

"I may be slightly older than you Sara- but I am as agile as I was when you were first born..." Stevie raises an eyebrow on her daughter.

"Jeez," exclaimed Susan, with her mouth agape. "How many books do you have in here? a whole library full?" she turns to her mother with a bewildering gaze.

"Stephanie... is that you?" Stevie's father, Jess–and Susan's grandfather– asked, as he walks into the foyer, to see his daughter and granddaughter. Jess furrows his brows on Susan, as a wide smile spreads across his face.

"Yes, it is... the one and only," Stevie's voice trailed off, as she smiles softly at her father. "Oh! and I picked up a hitch hiker on the way home! I hope you don't mind, daddy."

"Hardy har har!" Susan laughs, as Stevie tousles Susan's hair. "You know I'm only kidding you, kid."

"Is that who I think it is... or do my eyes deceive me? my little girl? the tall, gangly thing!" said Jess, as he then proceeds to take his reading glasses off, then rests them down on the end table.

"Grandfather!" exclaimed Susan, as she runs into her grandfather's arms.

"Hello, honey..." said Jess, as he then wraps his arms around Susan, then kisses both of her cheeks.

"My dear girl," said Jess, as he sighs softly. "'Grandfather'? you don't have to be so formal, honey. Call me 'grampa!'"

"Grampa!" Susan smiles, hugging Jess tightly.

"Oh, kiddo! I missed having you around here... it just wasn't the same without ya!"

"Hey! what about me?!" Stevie laughs.

Stevie and Jess smile to each other- when Susan buries her nose into Jess's coat, as she then begins to sniff him.

"And now, before you begin to tell me that I'm getting too soft in my old age... I-I.. I, uh," Jess' voice trailed off, as he narrows his eyes on his granddaughter- wondering what she's doing.