She Has My Face!

"Whoa," was all that Kate could say.

Sara and the other girl— who bears a striking resemblance to Sara— continue to stare each other down; like in an old western movie.

Kate leans closer to Sara, to whisper, "do you know her?" she asked Sara- as Jessica and Roni walk up to see what is taking them so long.

"What's taking you girls so long?" they asked in unison.

"Hello?" they said, once again, in unison; as they have yet to receive a response from either Sara or Kate.

They then turn to see what Sara and Kate were looking at— who, they were looking at— then, they gasped aloud at the sight.

They had to do a double-take– to make sure that they weren't seeing double, nor had to make an appointment with their eye doctor once they returned home from camp.

"She has my face!" the other girl exclaims to her friends. "You have my face! w-why... why do you have my face?!" she asked; placing a firm grip on either side of her hips.

"You're being a little rude; don't ya think? you've never met me before— and yet, you have the bloody nerve to accuse me of sharing the same face as you?!" scoffed Sara, as she then proceeds to blow a raspberry with her lips.

"No.. I don't think I am," said the girl, bluntly. "I've never met anyone with the same face as mine. How am I supposed to react? amused?"

"Enough about your face! I was born this way! .. I can't help it that my face resembles yours!" exclaimed Sara, as she puts down her plate on the table; as it is now Sara's turn to place her hands firmly on her hips.

"'Resembles'? ... you two look as if you could be–"

"Identical," Jessica exclaims, excitedly; turning toward Sara, then Jessica turns toward the other girl... and then back to Sara again.

"Wait..." Kate asked with a quizzical expression written on her face, "you two have never met in all your life?"

"Never!" they respond in unison; with the same tone and everything. "Not once," once again, they said in unison.

"Well..." the other girl sighs exasperatedly, then narrows her eyes at Sara. "Stay away from me!"

"We go to the same camp.. it'll be a little difficult to avoid bumping into one another."

"Well, try to stay away from me.. the operative word being try," the other girl points her finger to Sara.

"You don't need to tell me twice," replied Sara, curtly— before she thinks of what she just said, then shakes her head. "You know what I mean. ... After all, I do have your face."

They glared at one another one more time, before they both turn around– to scoff, then they walk back to their respective tables.

****

"The nerve of that girl... having your face!" Kate scoffs, as they all sit back down at their table.

"What are we gonna do about it?" Jessica adds.

"Do? what can I do..." Sara's voice trailed off, as she shrugs her shoulders. "We share the same, uh, face... so what?" Sara said, before taking a drink of her water.