'Sisters!'

"Wait! wait exclaimed Sara, as they are both staring at the two photos. "Is this really happening?" Sara said in a soft voice, as tears begin to well up in her eyes. Happy tears.

"That's my daddy!" Susan smiles.

" .... and that's my momma!" Sara said, in a whisper– as a tear falls down her face.

"Whoa!" Susan sighs, as she hold her head in her hands.

"Susan? Are you alright?" Sara asked, as Susan is now pacing around the room.

"Susan! look at me, please..." implored Sara– but to no avail, as Susan continues to pace around their small cabin.

"Let's get this straight, kid," Susan bites down on her fingernails, then stares straight into Sara's eyes.

Let's get this straight, kid? We're the exact same age! Sara thinks to herself.

"So– if... if your mom is uh, my mom, and my dad is, uh–" Susan's voice trailed off, as she elicits a small smile, "your dad... then, that'd make us–"

"Sisters," they said in unison.

"I– in-a-million-years– never thought I'd ever have a sister," exclaimed Susan, as tears begin to well up in her eyes. "Much less a twin sister."

"Me neither... sister!" Sara chuckles, as she steps closer to Susan. "Would you mind if I hugged you right now?" she wipes a tear from the corner of her eyes.

"Of course, not... sister!" Susan smiles– as they embrace in a hug– both closing their eyes.

"I still can't believe it... we're... we're sisters!" Sara exclaims excitedly, as she pulls away from the hug.

"I know! Sisters!" Susan smiles.

"Sisters!" Sara chuckles softly, with the widest grin.

"That's probably the most word, 'sisters' has been used in a one minute period in... in a long time," said Susan, wiping a tear from the corner of her eyes.

"Yeah, well– we've never had a chance to point to someone, and say, 'hey– you! this is my sister', in all our lives."

"Touché... sis.." Susan says, as they both laugh, then– once again– they embrace one another in a hug.

"Until now," Sara smiles, as they gaze into each other's eyes; excited to finally have someone to call a 'sister'.

"Sisters!" they exclaimed in unison.

"Yeah... how weird is that?" Susan crinkles her nose, then chuckles.

"Wonderfully weird.." Sara nods assent.

"Like Phoebe on 'Friends'," once again, they said in unison. 

"Heh. Where've you been my whole life?" Sara chuckles, as Susan chuckles as well.

"Funny! I was about to ask you the same thing," Susan sniffles, then shrugs his shoulders.

"Well, we are twins!" Sara smiles– then, both of their smiles fade, as they furrow their brows on one another.

"How could our parents hide this from us? 'Merry Christmas, Susie! may I interest you in a sister'?" Susan emits a scoff; emitting a chortle from Sara.

"Ssh, ssh... Susan.. I'm sure our parents had their reasons," Sara shrugs her shoulders.

"'Their reasons'? ... Sara, you just don't hide a secret this big from your kids. I mean.. I've... I've had a sister my whole life, and I'm only just finding out about it now? that's... that's totally messed up!" Susan blows a raspberry.

"Susan! I don't know why our parents chose to not tell us... about us– but I know my mom, and she wouldn't have done it without good intentions," Sara nods– as she's trying to make the best of her mother's decision; since she doesn't know anything about her father, she's not about to question his decision.

Still, Sara's very perplexed by her mother's decision to give Susan up– her own daughter. As much as I've loved to be the only child in the past 12 years– why would my mom give my sister away? sure, she didn't 'actually' give Susan up- she had given her to Susan's father
– our father. My father. Man! the words 'my father' still sounds foreign to me.

"I-I guess..." Susan shrugs, "maybe they couldn't stand to be around each other, and... * blows a raspberry * they just took one of us one way, and the other– another way." 

"Hey!" Sara's eyes brighten up.

"What?" Susan chuckles.

"Your father–who is now our father– is Lindsey Buckingham," Sara exclaims, with a glint of excitement in her eyes.

Susan chuckles softly, then averts her gaze at the ground. "Yeah! he is!" Susan's voice trailed off, as she realized that her mother is Stevie Nicks.

"And our mother is Stevie 'Freakin' Nicks!" Susan exclaims, as Sara can't help but roll her eyes, as she chuckles. "Yep!"

"I'm sorry– but.. I love your mom's songs! ... oh god!" Susan exclaims, as she once again, puts her head in her hands.

"What?" Sara chortles.

"My mom is Stevie Nicks! My mom is Stevie Nicks," Susan kept repeating in a high pitched voice.

"And my dad is Lindsey Buckingham!" Sara smiles– thinking of her father.

"Maybe that's why he wrote 'Go Your Own Way'!" Sara chuckles softly.

"Yeah... truthfully, I-I don't know.." Susan sighs, then shrugs. "As much as my father lives for music– h-he doesn't like to talk much about the creative process of his songs, or–"

"'Cause they're written about my– our mom!" Sara sighs, as she now darts her glance at the ground.

"How'd you know?" asked Susan, lifting her head up.

"'Cause my mom said that– a vast majority of her songs, in which she wrote herself– were written about a man... a man of mystery... her words, not mine. And now, I know who that man is.." Sara nods her head, as she smiles.

"Our father!" Susan smiles through tears.

"Our father!" Sara said, wiping the tears from her face.

"So... they do still love each other," Susan gasps, as Sara wraps her arms around Susan in a tight embrace.

Stevie and Lindsey quit singing altogether when Stevie got pregnant with the girls. The girls have always been kept out of the public eye.

Not that Stevie and Lindsey weren't proud of their girls– they just made an agreement to shield their children from the public eye.

They were also in Fleetwood Mac.