Landslide

"What? what is it?" Sara asked, worriedly.

"That's... t-t-that photo is ripped..." Susan's voice trailed off, as she leaned forward, to focus her eyes on the photo; as she saw a part of an arm beside Sara's mother.

"Who is with her?" asked Susan; referring to the mystery person's arm.

"My mother isn't with anyone, silly," Sara giggles– she had never noticed that before.

"Look at the photo, though, Sara– closely. It's... it's ripped," Susan points to the ripped part.

"So?" said Sara– not knowing where Susan is heading with this.

"I.. I have a photo of my father... a-and... and it, it too is ripped."

"Seriously?" Sara narrows her eyes on Susan– as she doesn't know what to think.

"Why would I make that up, Meredith!" Susan said.

'Seriously?' is a reference to Grey's Anatomy.

"Alright," Sara clings her photo of her mother to her chest, as she then lifts one hand up. "I'm sorry," Sara's voice trailed off, as she sighs softly.

"It's a defense mechanism... my mom never takes anything seriously– well... most of the time. 99.9% of the time. So–"

Susan chuckles nervously, then nods her head. "Y-you don't have to explain yourself, Sara... um. You want to, uh.."

"Do I want to, what?" Sara asked; as Susan stopped talking mid-sentence, to avert her gaze at the side.

"I've got the chills all of a sudden..." Susan shrugs her shoulders, as she walks toward the door, then sighs– gazing at the door.

"You do?" asked Sara, inquisitively.

"Yes... why?" Susan turns, to gaze at Sara's direction.

"Look!" Sara walks up to Susan– to show her, her arm.

"Wow! so... you've got the chills, as well?" Susan questions. "How freaky, is that?"

Sara chuckles, then she nods her head slightly. "I do. Would you mind it, if you– you showed me the photo of your father?" Sara said; she more or less hesitated when she said 'father'.

Susan clears her throat, then shrugs her shoulders. She slightly nods her head, as she slowly walks over to her backpack.

"Oh... o-okay," Susan sighs softly. "My dad, said... he... h-he said, that when he first started out in the music, uh.. business.. that he... that he made a duet album with.. with someone– a woman... in particular, and, uh.." Susan rambles on– picking up a picture; that was ripped, as well.

"Susan?" Sara narrows her eyes, then sighs deeply.

"W-what is it?" asked Susan, worriedly, as Sara glances off to the side– as she clings tighter to the photo of her mother.

"My, uh... my mom told me that when she first came out in the business. T-that. She too, made a duet album with– someone... a man," spoke Sara in a low voice.

"No way!" Susan exclaims– biting her fingernails. Something that she does quite often; especially when she's nervous.

"Uh, um... you know that photo that I showed you of my mother?" Sara bites her bottom lip.

"Yeah?" Susan nods.

"Well, s-she said that this photo... this photo... the one that I'm holding right here in my hand," Sara darts her glance at the photo, then lifts her head up to look at Susan. "This photo is one of the outtakes from a photo shoot. From her... her duet album."

All Susan does is gulp– as she looks as if she's about to faint any moment.

"Susan?" asked Sara, with a concerned expression.

Susan smiles awkwardly to Sara. "Um. A-are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I... I think so," Sara chews on the inside of her lips.

"Is that? that ripped? down the middle?" Sara said in almost a whisper– in reference to the photograph that Susan has yet to show to Sara.

"Right down the middle," Susan stifled a chuckle.

"Okay," Sara shrugs. "Let's do a countdown thingy.." Sara sighs.

Susan sighs, then she nods her head in agreement. "You go," she tells Sara.

"Ok," replied Sara– a bit hesitantly. "5. 4. 3. 2. and–"

"Don't Stop," implored Susan, as she gives Sara a hard glare.

"1," Sara said in a low voice– as they put both photos side by side– then they simultaneously emit a gasp.