What A Coincidence!

~ A few hours later; Sara and Susan have settled in to their cabin, and are nearly finished with packing ~

Sara and Susan have not said one word to each other since the camp counselors left. They haven't even looked in the other's direction. Which, is probably for the best.

All Sara could think of– was what her mother would tell her to do. Her mom would not be proud to hear that Sara had inherited her temper, and stubborn ways.

Her mom obviously knows how Sara can be– how her mood can change as quickly as the tides in the ocean... if things aren't going her way; as Sara takes after her. Their way or the highway. No in between.

Sara decided to lay down, to stare up at the ceiling– as she had hoped to drift off to sleep... after all, her body was a little sore after hers and Susan's brawl.

Sara can't fall asleep– no matter how hard she tries. Her mind is racing, and won't turn off. Yet, another trait that she inherited from her mother.

Sara looks up at the ceiling, thinking of how her mother would not be proud of the way she has acted– although, she also knows that her mom would have reacted the same exact way.

That's still not an excuse, little girl. Sara imagined her mother telling her.

In hopes of trying to get some sleep– Sara turned over to her side; as she had always been a proponent of sleeping on her side.

Sara had found herself staring mindlessly at the wall, still wide awake; unable to sleep, as guilt was setting in more and more.

She didn't feel guilty for standing up for herself; and she knows full well, that her mom too, would be proud that she did– but she couldn't help but feel guilty for how she conducted herself.

They could have engaged in a rational discussion, to sort out their differences- instead of resorting to childish behavior.

Sara knew that Susan hadn't fallen asleep yet, and wanted to speak up to get Susan's attention- but no words came out.

Why did she have to be so stubborn, and act so foolish on occasion? she didn't know-that's just how she was wired; Sara'd always tell herself.

Though her heart is always in the right place, it's very hard for her to let her guard down, as she has too much pride- and it's very difficult for Sara to admit that she's wrong; even when she knows that she's wrong. Again, just like her mother.

Little does Sara know that Susan's thinking of their little squabble as well.

* Susan's POV *

She may share the same face as me, though... she didn't deserve to get embarrassed in front of everyone at the dance... then again. Susan furrows her brows.

She shouldn't have snuck into my cabin, and drenched the entire place with honey! Ah! Susan groans to herself, as she turns onto her back, to stare up at the ceiling.

We're never gonna survive these eight weeks if we don't resolve our petty problems. Agh! she groans once again.

I miss my daddy! he'd tell me what to do in a pickle like this. Although.. he'd look me in my eyes, and he'd tell me, 'only you know what you can do to sort this problem out, honey.. You got yourself in this mess, and you can get yourself out'.