Chapter 3

Trigger warning and such for mentions of suicide, but it's not that bad so like don't skip this chapter, it's important

"Gerard, was it?" Frank came out of his hiding place, taking his hood off as he did, reviling himself.

"Yeah," Gerard looked up at him, startled. "Frank, right?"

Frank nodded; he knew Gerard only recognized him and knew his name because Mikey pointed him out to his brother, telling him to stay away. Frank knew that before he approached Gerard, and that's why he took his hood off. He usually didn't want people recognizing him while he was out on his midnight strolls, but he wanted to know how Gerard would react.

"What are you doing out so late?" Frank asked, sitting down on the swing next to him; he noticed Gerard flinch away, but he didn't get up or leave.

"I could ask you the same question," Gerard replied, and Frank had a feeling he already knew.

"I ran out of midnight snacks," Frank answered. "When I wake up hungry I can't fall asleep again until I eat."

Gerard just hummed lightly in response and started swinging slightly. A comfortable silence had landed around them, the only sounds were those of crickets, the winds, and the creaking on the swing.

"Come on, spill," Frank spoke again, breaking the comfortable silence that had been between them for the past few minutes. "What's wrong? And don't spare me the gory details."

Gerard chuckled darkly and said, "why should I?" He sounded grim.

"Why shouldn't you?" Frank replied with a question of the same nature, raising an eyebrow for added affect.

"If I say something that shines me or someone else you'll go and tell the whole school," Gerard replied. "Especially if it's something weird. You might even go to the police or try to get me locked up in a mad house." He didn't stop there. "And even if you didn't, they would find out, and they'll kill me. Not that it matters now, anyway."

"Who's they?" Frank had a pretty good idea who they might be, but he wanted to be sure. "And why doesn't it matter?"

"Because it ends now," Gerard ignored his first question, and that just proved Frank's theory as correct. "It ends tonight, whether they do it or I do it, it ends tonight."

"You're talking about your life, aren't you?" Frank looked at him, trying to see if he could understand exactly what was going on inside his head, what made him feel like he had to take such actions, but Gerard didn't make eye contact; he was looking down at his feet, as he nodded.

"Why does it have to end here?" Frank asked. He wasn't expecting a proper answer, and he didn't get one.

"I've already accepted it," Gerard said in a quiet, low voice, one that made Frank understand that he didn't really want this. "I've already accepted my death."

Frank didn't need any more than that; he never did. He just smiled sadly and said a word, one, single word with so much meaning.

"Good."

His smile was no longer sad, and a long, highpitched scream pierced through the silent night.    

~~~

Oh boy this was a short one!

Don't worry, chapters should be getting longer from now on, and things might start moving a slight bit slower.

Also, please leave comments and such, I really want to know what you think! I always hate it when people say "don't be a ghost reader!" and stuff, so it's pretty hypocritical of me to tell you the same, but I really do what to hear whether you like this or not, what exactly you like or don't like and so on. 

But anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, I'll be back next week with another update, and for now I'll leave you with this:

Have a nice day/night/week/whatever.

-Luna