4. Macy I

"Did you like the party?" Jordan whispered into my ear as he twirled me around on the dance floor.

"Oh honey, it was so good. Thanks a lot for doing this for me."

"I love you, Macy. So much."

"I know."

As the music came to a slow stop, I noticed people gathering around us in a circle. I did not understand what was happening. Both of our parents were talking to each other in muffled voices and my sister was radiating with happiness.

As my gaze shifted to Jordan, I found him sitting down on the floor on one knee, his brown eyes fixed on my pale face, a geeky smile on his lips.

That's when it all registered in my head. Taking a deep breath, he started saying his speech.

"The moment I saw you, I knew you were something special. I know it has been just a year but it was the best year of my life. Oh baby, you have become the most important person in my life and I know that I cannot picture a day without you being in it. I admire you, I respect you. But most importantly, I love you. Without you, there would be no me." He paused to take my hand in his and again continued.

"I don't care if we're too young to do this. I don't care about anything else as long as I have you. Macy Grace Schuster," He took another pause as his glinting eyes met my hollow ones. My name sounded so foreign on his tongue. Did he really love me enough to do this?

"Will you marry me?"

I took in a short breath of air. I closed my eyes and opened them to directly stare into his. My face had no hint of any expression. Perhaps, he had noticed that too, since I could see a trace of doubt on his face. People were starting to murmur around us and Jordan had also caught that.

Jordan's face was then filled with a pleading expression and that was when I took the most absurd decision of my life.

"Yes." My mouth whispered as my mind said no.

______________________________________

Author's Note

Here's a moodboard for Macy 💛:-

Thanks to tumblr user @itsyourstarrynight for making this for me 😊