III

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
-Aristotle

My dad kept staring outside the window

My dad kept staring outside the window. He is a really strange man, sometimes he will get mad over the stupidest things. Let's not forget that he is also very good at hiding his anger. So right now I am not sure of what is happening. It could be something extremely stupid or something incredibly bad.

He was still on the phone and everything felt unreal. I am aware that things are occurring but at the same time, it feels like my soul is not inside my body.

It is obvious that something is about to happen. I looked at Ezekiel and he did not seem surprised by the things that were occurring, same with Nixon.

Scenarios like this were not something new, but they never failed to make me anxious. It could be anything.

"Just... bring him in." My dad sighed in annoyance and walked in our direction. My brothers and I looked at each other and I am sure we were all wondering the same thing.

And now what?

Right in front of us he looked like he was fighting in his head about what to do or say next. He shook his head probably deciding to not to tell us whatever was bothering him.

Three knocks on the door switched his gaze from us to the door, "Damn it!" he muttered before walking and sitting at his desk.

A few seconds passed before he said "Come in."

The door opened revealing Giovanni and an unknown man behind him. Giovanni let him in and then he left, closing the door behind him.

I know I was not the only one who could feel the tension in that room. It was so quiet that I started questioning if we were actually breathing. The mysterious tall man stood there in front of the door with his gaze on my dad. They just stood there looking at each other, no words.

"Mr. Bergamaschi," My dad finally greeted him which only gained a nod from him. My brothers and I just sat there quietly looking at the show unfolding in front of us. I am sure that if two extremely dangerous men were not in front of us right now, the situation would look a little bit comical.