Alec set a small serving of potatoes on a plate and set it next to him, and the kitten gladly started eating.

          Naomi dropped her fork and covered her mouth to keep herself from squealing at the cuteness of it.

          "He's so cute!" she gushed.

          "Naomi," Alec said, "meet Pip, the mascot of Team Changeling."

          Pip looked at Naomi and meowed, like he was saying hello, then went back to his eating.

          Naomi tore her eyes from the kitten to look at Alec. "Changeling? As in fairies that have taken the place of human babies?"

          Alec laughed, but when Darcy and Naomi didn't join in, he stopped and looked at Naomi like she was an Algebra problem he couldn't understand. "You mean you don't know?" he asked.

          "We haven't gotten to that part yet, Al," Darcy said.

          "What? Haven't gotten to what part? What are you talking about?" Naomi demanded, the cat and potatoes forgotten. She looked back and forth from Darcy to Alec, looking for an answer.

          Darcy was just opening her mouth to respond when a voice behind them said, "So, you brought her."

          Naomi whipped around. Standing stiffly in the doorway was Sunshine exactly as she remembered him: no smile, neatly combed blond hair, tall and lithe, expensive watch, loafers, the whole thing. He nodded to her in greeting. "Naomi," he said tonelessly.

          "Yes, I brought her," Darcy said, her face instantly red with anger. "I told you I was going to, and I was right to do it."

          The only change in expression on the boy's face was the raise of a brow. "Is that so?"

          "She's one of us, Sunshine," Darcy said, just like she had in room 113 only a few days ago. Had it really been so resent? It felt like it'd been years.

          For the first time, an emotion crossed Sunshine's face-- irritation, though it only lasted a moment before he schooled his features and became a statue of disinterest again. "That is not my name, Darcy. You know my name. Please, use it."

          Darcy opened her mouth to to give what would no doubt be a snarky response, but Alec cut her off.

          "Hey, man," he said. "Want some potatoes? They just came out of the oven!" He offered him a plate.

          Sunshine accepted it with a simple nod of thanks and was about to take a seat next to Naomi when his eyes landed on Pip eating his own plate of potatoes. "Don't tell me you are letting your pet eat on the counter again, Alec."

          Pip seemed to know he was being talked about and hissed at Sunshine before returning to his lunch.

          "He's not my pet, he's my friend," Alec corrected.

          "Yes, you seem to make friends with just about anything that you find in a dumpster," Sunshine said bluntly.

          "I never caught your name," Naomi said before Alec could reply, hoping to cut off an argument before it could start. "You never introduced yourself when we met before, and I've only ever heard you referred to as Sunshine, but it's obvious you prefer to not be called that."

          "My name is Félix Namara," he said.

          "Nice to officially meet you."