FELIX & DEMETRI ~ Mate (GxBxB) (3)

"A vampire's mate, is the vampire equivalent of what you humans call a soulmate. It's like you are the moon that holds them down on earth, the rock that grounds them."

I nodded, as he looked at me questioning whether I understood.

I could practically feel Bella's glare burning though the back of my head. But, I couldn't help it, I loved how they sounded, and to think that they had waited centuries to find me, me, of all people, made me fall in love with the sound of them even more.

"That is what we believe. However, others say that having a soulmate, is having the other half of your soul. Once you find them, then you will never be able to get far, without hurting both yourself and your mates."

***

Turning a corner, I froze just before the door. 'What if that once they see me, they don't want me? What if they aren't able to love me? What if-'

"Are you alright, Dear?" Aro said, as I stood still, not moving from my spot. I looked at him then sighed. This has the potential to go two ways. The bad way, in which they see me, reject me, before I even get to know what love feel like, or the good way, of which they accept me for what I am, and loves me, like Edward loves Bella.

"Yes." I replied, though after some hesitation. "Yes, I am."

"Remember what I said, Annie." Bella whispered in my ear, as I walked past. "Don't fall for them. They're all liars and cheats. The only reason they want you, is to kill you, in order to threaten me to become a vampire like them." But I couldn't take it anymore, and walked past her, Bella and the Cullens following suit.

***

And as the massive wooden door opened, I saw two the most beautiful men that I had ever seen standing right before my eyes, as my mates.