09 | her (un)welcome week

Start from the beginning

But I was met with nothing.

I could not reach out to Olivia. It was like the connection had been muffled. I could still feel our connection, but I could not access it. In response, I tried to reach out to Spencer. He responded within seconds.

Violet, what happened? Did you get caught? Spencer asked in a rush through the mind link.

Spence, thank god, I sighed in relief. What's going on? Why can't I mind link Olivia?

Oh, yeah, you missed the orientation speech, Spencer laughed. Mind linking anyone outside the Training Grounds has been cut off.

Why? Can they even do that?

It's so we don't get distracted by people back at home or some shit Beta Finn came up with, Spencer said. But, yeah, I've been trying to mind link Olivia and my brothers all night, but I haven't been able to get through.

Well, fuck, I mumbled, trying my best to keep the tears at bay.

I was able to endure brutal scrutiny from my mate, but hearing I would be cut off from talking to my family for months was the breaking point. I had left my hometown with the knowledge my family would be a simple mind link away.

Olivia is going to be so pissed, Spencer expressed. Anyway, what happened after I mind linked you earlier? You went radio silent.

I found my mate.

What the hell, Violet. You should have led with that, Spencer scolded. You found your mate, and you felt the need to gloss that over.

It gets better, I said. My mate is Alpha Wade.

Shut the fuck up. You have to be shitting me, right? His voice rang with disbelief.

Unfortunately not, I responded.

Olivia is going to lose her mind, he said. I've finally got some good information before her. She's going to be so pissed. Wait, hold up, why is this unfortunate?

He thinks I'm here on some mission or whatever to bring down Bluestrike, I explained.

How does that even make sense? He thought out loud. I mean, you have lived in Bluestrike your entire life.

I guess because I'm his second chance mate or something.

Oh, shit, right. I forgot he had a mate before, He recounted. Are you sure it was Alpha Wade? I mean, is it even possible to have a second chance mate?

I don't know, I sighed. I mean, I know Alpha Wade is my mate, but this whole second chance mate thing is kind of... my voice trailed off.

Kind of epic, Spencer finished for me, but I was really thinking it was more overwhelming.

Maybe, I mused. If my mate did not want to try and make my life a living hell.

Did he say that?

Word for word, basically, I reflected on our earlier conversation. He said something along those lines if he was to find out I have some evil plot to bring down Bluestrike, he wouldn't hesitate to make my life hell.

I know I shouldn't say this about my Alpha, Spencer paused. But he sounds like a dick.

I already told him that.

You told him he's a dick? Excitement filled Spencer's voice. I am proud of you, Violet. I think I've been rubbing off on you.

Shut the fuck up, Spencer, I groaned. And bring me my suitcase. I need to wash off today's bad vibes.