Chapter One

{UNEDITED}

Chapter One:

The radio was still blaring out music. I started to hum to the tune. I was alone in the house. Relieved that my parents aren't home just yet.

I was making them dinner, it was their longest day that they have been out. My parents don't abuse me. No. They just tend to lash out at me whenever they get pissed off at work or whatever. Lash out, I mean they just yell at me and Clarke for things they should just blame on themselves.

I heard the door open and close quietly. That must be Clarke, he had gone to the gym. I was actually expecting him later.

"Clarke. Is that you?" I ask slightly not turning around. I heard footsteps coming closer, I was sure that Clarke was going to try and sneak up behind me.

The footsteps of his got closer and closer. When I knew he was just a few feet away from me I turned around. I swung at him with my right knee to his thigh but he caught it mid air.

Clarke didn't ever do that. His hands are not that big. And he is not married. I look up at him in horror. Or at the culprit in horror.

"Dad?" I ask looking at the man who looked scary right now. His frown on his face deepened when I called him.

"Shut up." He calmly said placing my leg back down. He walked over to the fridge and I just noticed all his stained clothing. His suit was ripped up and had blood stains all over.

"I - I made some-"

"I said shut the hell up!" He yelled while pulling a beer bottle out and throwing it towards me. I gasped at the pain it shot throughout my abdomen. Looking down at the pieces of glass sticking out my stomach made me nervous.

I look up at him wide eyed and see his red eyes. He has been crying, why?

"Dad, what-"

"Why don't you understand? I want peace right now! Lucy is gone and she will never come back to me!" He yelled at me, flinching when he made his way to me and wrapping his arms around me. Pressing the glass deeper into my skin. I bite my tongue from screaming out in pain.

"What happened?" I tried asking again. Dad moved away from me and I saw his tears streaming down his face. He sat down onto to the island in the kitchen. A sigh escaped his lips.

"We were driving and - and the damn truck didn't see us and ran a red light on our way to a meeting." He started his sniffing and I sat in front of him. Both of us completely oblivious to the blood slipping down my leg and on to the tiled floor.

"The truck hit her side and we were flipped into a ditch. I managed to get out in time. And I ran over to her side to get her out safely. But when I got to her side-" he started sobbing with his head down onto the Island. I was afraid what he was going to say next.

"Carly I-" He went back sobbing. Reaching over to me and grabbing my shoulders onto him. I patted his back awkwardly.

"She's dead!" He managed to scream out. I gasp at his words, mom died? My eyes started to blur and I had tears streaming down my face. It hurt, both my stomach and my heart.

Yes mom and dad were workaholics, but they still cared about us even a little. I'm sure they would have cried if Clarke or I have died.

"I just hoped it would've been you!" Dad screamed pushing me off and grabbed a beer and drank it and tossed it at me. I caught it, but with how hard he had thrown it. My hands got all bloody.

"Dad-"

"Don't dad me! You know that we never wanted kids. You were a mistake! It should've been only Clarke not you!" He pushed me down and kicked me.