Lesson 8 : Don't Catch Feelings

sorry for late update im drunk and its my birthday aayyyy im 20 this year :))) hehe. enjoy this chapter guys! x

MARLENES POV

I laid in bed imagining spending time with Ashton. Our sex was amazing. I couldn’t compare it to anyone because before him I was a virgin. Although, I didn’t imagine sex to be that passionate, especially since Ash wasn’t even my boyfriend. Honestly I was scared. I realized through all of this that I don’t want him giving me lessons, I want him to be teaching me this because we are together. Committed. And serious. But we weren’t.

I was scared like hell. People always said sex complicated things. Especially Ebony. Her and Michael were fuck buddies for like four months before they became serious. And I always had her crying on my shoulder because she always wanted more. And I’m glad he gave that to her.

I don’t know if Ashton wants to be my boyfriend.

Me : hey what are you doing?     (12:36pm)

….

I sat there staring at my phone waiting for him to text me, he was always so eager to talk to me. Although, he always made the first move. I always let him take the lead. Why am I so scared to text him? I just wanted to talk to him. Twenty minutes goes by and I can’t help but continue to peak over at my screen and it nothing shows up.

“Please Ashton…” I whisper to my phone. I huff to myself. I’m being silly. Why don’t I just call him? Yeah I’ll to that, I thought to myself.

I pick up my phone and click his name and the little phone icon. It starts to ring and after the third ring it shuts off. “Did he just cancel my call?” I thought out loud. What the hell. Why would he do that?

Me : hey call me.     (1:58pm)

Ashton : im busy     (2:10pm)

Me : ??     (2:11pm)

Ashton : what     (2:12pm)

Me : oh.. um I just wanted to see what youre doing     (2:13pm)

Ashton : mar I told you im busy     (2:14pm)

Me : why are you mad? :( babe stop     (2:16pm)

Ashton : don’t call me babe, and im not mad. I said I was busy.. see you around.      (2:47pm)

I literally stare the text and being bawling my eyes out. Why is he so angry, I pull out my phone again and start to dial Ebony’s number. I wiped my eyes so I could clearly see where I could dial her number. I put it up to my ear as she answers.

“Hey.” I hear a voice answer. “Mikey?” I answer sniffing. “Yeep, that’s my name.” He says laughing and I couldn’t help but smile. “Where’s eb?” I ask him. “She was taking a nap, I’ll just go jump on her.” He says and then I hear total silent followed by ‘Michael get the fuck off, I hate you!’ And I start chuckling.

“Ugh, hello?” I hear a sleepy Ebony answer and I start crying. “Ash… he wont… I don’t know... and then.” I cry inbetween telling her what was going on. “What? Wait slow down…” She says. “Ashton… He won’t talk to me and I don’t know-…”

“Come over to Michael right now.” She cuts me off. “Okay, give me 15 minutes.” I sniffle hanging up.

I hope in the shower and throw on some yoga pants and a band tee and leave to go to Michael’s. I cry a bit on the way there and I also cried in the shower. I just didn’t understand what I did wrong.