CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

That very night Taehyung had skipped his dinner and went out to his hideout to let out all his frustration.

The water in the pond was still with occasional ripples when a leaf or something fell in it.

Taehyung was laying on a patch of grass and gazing up at the stars. He closed his eyes and the sounds of night filled his ears.

The cool wind rustled through his clothes. And some dew drops fell on his attire.

Taehyung for first time in life couldn't get comfort from the nature. A heavy stone laid stubbornly in his chest and his eyes wavered more often now.

After the accident, Taehyung had somehow forgotten all the emotions and made him cold. He felt no sorrow and no pain.

But for some reason.

For some reason all the pain and suffering was washing over him again and again. The constant faces of the grieve stricken members and their sorries made it difficult for him to push away the never ending pain.

Over the years all Taehyung had experienced was pain and hatred. But the sudden love and care was making him carve for more yet sick to his extents.

His parents had never known about all the misery their child has went through. He hid it away.

His smiles had hidden all the pains he was experiencing. His smile was enough to hide the sorrow.

His smile was enough.

But now, standing at this point of life Taehyung was drained from the power of faking smiles.

The fact that he had to smile made his skin crawl. But whenever he did smiled, Taehyung had to do a double take to know if it was fake or genuine.

He was scared.

Scared of his own emotions. Not knowing if all his was showing was real or was he just faking it.

He had lost himself.

Lost. That is what Taehyung felt now. Lost in the endless maze. Where with every turn he took, stood two more parting ways. Confused, Taehyung could do nothing but just stare at the face of the walls and wonder how will he get out.

He had no exit.

The maze continued, No way to get out and no way to solve it. There was no map he had to guide him.

With one door he opened, more stared at him. Every decision he took was making him even more puzzled over life.

His wasn't the Kim Taehyung he knew anymore.

***

The house was dead silent. The boys were sitting on the couches and the clock struck twelve.

One of the member still wasn't back. Hoseok was staring at the wall clock as it ticked away like it had no worries how many people it was leaving behind.

Hoseok was on the constant dates with fear. It would come to meet him and then jab a dagger in his chest and leave.

Fear.

It wasn't the one you fell when you get you maths exams. It was the one you experience when you are on the verge of falling.

He hated it.

It came way to often and left him with another scar and shaken body. His senses went numb and body was on it's own.

It felt like floating in a black void and trying to find the light. Which was just a few steps away but still had a difference of miles.

He hated it.

The sound of the opening of the door caught their attention. Taehyung's eyes slowly travelled up to see the members seated on the couches.

"What are you all doing up so late?" He asked as he removed his jacket and hung it.

"We were waiting for you" Namjoon said.
"Oh. Okay" Taehyung said while nodding.

"Taehyung" Hoseok said while getting up and the younger stopped short.
"Yes?" Taehyung asked.

"Where were you the whole night?" Hoseok asked.
"Any of your concern" Taehyung spat and left.

The boys were dumbfounded and turned to look at Seokjin with hurt expression.

"Give him sometime" He whispered, trying to console the boys one way I the other.

"How much more?" Jungkook asked while waving his hand toward the stairs the older disappeared a moment ago.

"He just doesn't wants to accept us!" Jimin said.
"Guys please" Said Yoongi trying the best to subdue the argument which was about to flare up,"He wants some time and that is it. He went through a lot"

"And what about us!" Jungkook countered,"He is hurting us. And didn't he wanted us to accept him!"

"Look Jungkook shut up" Hoseok said although he too wanted to say some stuff but it would only add fuel to fire.

"It is enough Hyung!" Jungkook said,"I am clearing the damned situation"

"JUNGKOOK!!?" Namjoon yelled but he maknae had ran at top speed upstairs.

The boys followed behind him and all that saw was the door shut close and the key clicking in the lock.

Then everything went silent.

***

Jungkook locked the door and Taehyung came from the washroom with a confused expression coating his face.

"What happened??" He asked while drying his red hair.
"I want to clear something up" Jungkook Said.

He tried to ignore the older's bare chest and water dripping down from his hair and trailing down his neck.

"Yes?" Taehyung asked.
"Can you please wear a shirt or something before we begin" Jungkook asked as he diverted his eyes to Taehyung's eyes.

"Mmmhmm" Taehyung hummed softly and grabbed a oversized white t-shirt from his closet.

The older dressed and while Jungkook stood akwardly at the corner of Taehyung's bed.

"Now what it is?" Taehyung asked as he flopped on the bed.

"Hyung-ask will you play a game with me?" Jungkook asked.
Taehyung raised his eye brow at the younger's strange request.

"You want to play a game at middle of the night?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook sat at the corner of the bed and said,"Yes. Any problems?"

"Fair enough" Taehyung said sitting straighter,"What are the rules?"

"It is simple. I say a word and you have to say the first word that came into your mind after heading that word" Jungkook explained.

Taehyung took a deep breath and gave a curt nod.
"Okay then start" Taehyung motioned Jungkook to begin.

"Ice cream" "Vanilla"
"Cake" "Birthday"
"Family" "Love"
"Areum" "Idiot"
"Music" "Life"
"Rap" "Cyper"
"Red" "Blood"
"Bangtan" "...."

Taehyung paused all of a sudden  But then said,"B-Band"

"You hesitated hyung" Jungkook Said as he caught what he needed.
"I didn't" Taehyung countered,"I just couldn't find a word"
"You found it hyung but you didn't say it" Jungkook insisted.

"Band is the word Jungkook" Taehyung said with eyebrows knitted together in annoyance.

"No. It was something else" The younger said, He ignored the fact that Taehyung was glaring at him.
"Arghhh you are irritating me Jungkook!" Taehyung growled.

"I will irritate you till you die if you are not going to tell me the damned word!" Jungkook shot.

"Fine.....The word was.........

.......Hatred"