CHAPTER TWELVE

JUNGKOOK POV

I sat silently as Jin hyung drove through the Seoul traffic. Jimin was silent and Namjoon hyung stared at the blue sky cloudless sky.

Me and Jimin had went back home to find it in a utter mess and Jin crying his eyes out with Namjoon massaging his temples. I told them about the deal and they quickly agreed without questioning.

So here we were in the car which had one destination and that was to the cold vicious eyes.

***

AREUM POV

I waited patiently until the nurse was done redressing Taehyung's bandages. Yoongi and Hoseok were standing in the hallway and looked in no mood to leave. I didn't questioned them a single bit and never spoke a word.

The nurse came out and gave me a little nod and left. I went inside the room and thankfully The boys outside knew it was a private.I secured the door and sat beside Taehyung as his eyes scanned my face.

"You cried" he finally said.

"I didn't" I countered and tried to ignore the lump in my throat.

"By the pond, whole night" he said.

"I was here for something else" I said avoiding the look he gave me.

"what?" he asked.

"He didn't signed" I said.

"I knew he wouldn't. He doesn't has enough guts to let go" He said and snorted,"Well now tell me why did you cried"

"Taehy-" I started but my voice got caught. Shut the heck areum don't cry in front of him.

He signed as took my hand in his and made me sit on the bed. He rubbed my hands slowly to warm them up.

"You never can remember to put on gloves" He said. A tear slipped from my eye and he looked up with a pained expression. He gently stroked his thumb on my check and wiped the tear away.

"I know you were scared Areum" he said, his voice dropping into his gently tone he used,"And I am sorry that you had to go through it alone"

I nodded and sniffed. He sat up straight and scowled at the door. I just watched as he jaws clenched and unclenched and his eyes ranged with pure hatred. For  a moment I wondered about all the tough times he went through when he was a so-called happiest member of Bangtan. I remember that there used to be just a hopeful and happy gleam dancing in his doe eyes. Whenever, I suggested that he should quit Bangtan he used to just throw the offer away and say that they will change. But after he got the chance in Hwarang things went even worse. He over worked so that he won't make mistakes at dance steps and the boys just taunted him that he just enjoys.

The pond at the park was a place we both discovered and no body used to visit that place except the gardener and us. It was the first place and first time I saw Taehyung breaking into pieces and having a complete emotional meltdown. I still remember how I made his grip loose as he clawed his hair. I remember him sobbing and screaming while I helplessly tried to console him.

We both remained silent maybe sharing the same memory and going into a painful trance. I lifted my gaze to Taehyung as a tear made it's way down his cheeks. He looked as if his body was sitting here but his mind had drifted into the land of painful and hurting memories.

After so many years I again saw the years of stress and sadness make it's way up his face again. His fragile figure crumbling under the weight of hopelessness and eternal torture. I wanted to just help him out of this black tunnel but it was the battle for him to fight and win.

A soft knock on the door made both of us snap out of our thought and come back in present world. Taehyung wiped the tear from his face and leaned back in bed with a cold stare piercing the door.

I took a deep breath and walked my way to the door and opened it. It took all  strength to not to roll my eyes at the six boys crowded  at the door with pity expressions.

"Taehyung it's bangtan"  I sneered and looked over my shoulder and saw Taehyung smirking.

"If they are here to apologize for like the hundredth time then tell them to leave" he snickered back.

"So what are you here for" I said while a smirk played on my lips.

"We want to talk to him" said Yoongi in a placid tone.

"Ohhhh" I said and opened the door wide for them to come in.

"alone" said Jungkook while glaring at me.

"Well fine then" I scoffed and walked out and closed the door behind me.

"Get ready for venom dudes" I sneered and went away laughing.

***

TAEHYUNG POV

Areum walked out like a queen leaving six guys and me in the white blank room. I folded my arms and said,"Make the long story short"

Jungkook walked to my side and leaned his face against mine and snarled,"You made me have wild goose chase across the whole Seoul just to stop pd-nim hyung from signing your letter of resignation"

"Your point" I snarled back while glaring right into his ebony eyes.

"My point is that how could you think of leaving just like that" he said as Jimin stood behind him while pulling him back.

"Well wasn't it what you all wanted me to do" I scoffed and looked through all the boys.

"STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DON'T LIKE US" Shouted Jungkook and his eyes went red with tears on the brim of his eye.

"I am not acting this time" I said with my voice leveled and venom overflowing considerable.

"Jungkook back off" commanded Namjoon and Jimin quietly pulled Jungkook back and gave me a sorrow look.

"Taehyung I want to tell you that pd-nim hyung didn't-" he started but I cut him off by saying,"Yah Yah he didn't signed it and stuff blah blah" I said and rolled my eyes,"Come to the freaking point"

"My point is that" said Namjoon looking thoroughly uncomfortable,"That he is giving us a two month time to patch up with you and be a band together"

"Why don't you straightway say that he gave you a deal" I said and looked at the stray thread on the blanket hem.

"Well fine a deal and do you agree" he said with a pleading tone. I smirked and thought about it for a moment.

"Hm" I said looking up from the thread and intertwined  my finger with it.The boys gave me hopeful looks which made me wanna laugh still my sides ached but I remained cold and hard.

"fine then" I said and the boys erupted into cheers while I yanked the thread out from the blanket and watched it while it slowly fell on the floor.