Those Four Little Words

"But you hate shopping." Spencer states as she finishing applying her mascara in the bathroom mirror.

"Is it a crime for a boyfriend to want to go shopping with his girlfriend?" Toby yells from the bedroom closet.

"No," Spencer says as she exits the bathroom to lean against the threshold, still holding her wand of mascara. "It isn't a crime, but it is, however, mildly suspicious."

Toby finishes buttoning up his shirt before walking over to Spencer. He wraps his arms around her waist and places his forehead against hers.

Spencer lets out a light giggle.

"What?" Toby asks with a laugh.

"You're acting kinda strange," Spencer says as she pulls away and re enters the bathroom. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

Spencer begins to rummage around her makeup kit trying to locate her red lipstick.

"Ah, there you are." Spencer says to herself as she locates the lipstick.

Toby looks over at his side table then back to Spencer in the bathroom.

"I think I'm going to need to speak to my lawyer." Toby blurts out. He could feel his cheeks turning bright pink in panic.

Spencer finishes applying her red lipstick and turns around to smile at Toby.

"I think red is my new favourite lip colour,"

She exits the bathroom and walks towards the closet, secretly hoping an outfit will call her name.

"This could take awhile." Toby laughs as he throws himself on their freshly made bed.

After multiple outfit changes, Spencer finally decides on a red knee length dress and black cardigan and black  booties to match her lipstick.

"Ooh," Spencer pauses as she walks back to the closet.

"Please tell me you're not going to change again." Toby asks as he sinks back into the bed.

"No silly," Spencer giggles as she reaches to grab her black wide brim hat. "I need my hat to compliment by hair and bag."

Tony lets out another laugh and stands up from the bed.

Spencer clears her throat and points to the wrinkled sheets.

Toby rolls his eyes before smoothing out the bedding.

"Better?" He asks as he raises his brow at Spencer.

"Much." She says with a big toothless smile.

Spencer and Toby are about to leave the apartment, when Spencer asks Toby if he had the car keys.

Toby pats down his pant pockets and shakes his head.

"I'll meet you down stairs by the car, I think I left them in the kitchen." Tony says. Spencer nods her head and exits the apartment.

Toby takes a deep breath and pulls the car keys out of his jean jacket pocket.

"Calm down, alright? Just calm down. It's just Spencer." He says aloud to himself.