Roses are Red

Toby and I got an 100% on our Shakespeare project. The best mark in the entire class. Im so proud of us.

We spent hours after school practicing and memorizing our lines, we even got down some tears.

I was walking into my English class when I bump into Toby.

"Hey partner!" I say as I look up into his blue eyes.

"Did you see what we got on our project? That's the highest mark I think I've ever received!" Toby says as we find our way to our seats.

I laugh as I sit in my chair beside Toby. "It's amazing we were able to pull that off in less than a week!" I say opening up my notebook.

"Can I uh- ask you a question?" Toby asks out of the blue.

"Shoot!"

"I was thinking, since it's Friday, I was uh, wondering if you wanted to uh, hang out with me tonight? Maybe we could go grab a quick bite to eat and maybe go bowling? I know it's only your first week back but-"

"I'd love to go." I say cutting him off.

He smiles and opens up his binder.

"Great! That's awesome! What time do you want me to pick you up?" He asks with a huge grin on his face.

"Whatever time you have planned. I'll text you my address." I smile.

"I'll pick you up at 7:00pm!"

"7:00pm it is."

The house is empty and silent when I get home. The house is cold and dark, making it uninviting and depressing.

"I'm home." I whisper to myself as I place my car keys down on the kitchen counter.

I walk over to the fridge and grab myself a bottle of sparkling water.

I unscrew the cap and take a sip. I then place the bottle on the counter beside my keys and make my way upstairs.

I have exactly three hours to get ready for my date with Toby Cavanaugh. Butterflies start to flutter just thinking about tonight.

I hop in the shower and begin to wash my hair. When I finish my shower, I head over to my closet and stare at it for a longtime, hoping that something will catch my eye.

I settle with a white tank top and a pair of ripped jeans. I begin to blow dry my hair when I receive a text from Aria.

A little birdy told me you're going on a date with Romeo! :P

I laugh as I continue to style my hair. Before I know it its 6:55pm, Toby will be here any minute.

I spray on my favourite perfume and reapply deodorant (just in case). I grab my phone, a jacket and my purse and wait at the front door for Toby.

At exactly 7:00, there is a knock on the door. It's Toby, who's holding a bouquet of red roses, my favourite flower.

"Awe! Toby these are so beautiful! You didn't have to get me flowers!" I say as I invite him inside the house so I can put the flowers in some water.