chapter 1 Daddy's little man

Ricky and Amy had an OB-GYN appointment, and they decided to leave John with Ricky's Foster mother Margaret. Ricky's Foster Father  was at the hospital in surgery.

They were super excited about the appointment because today they were going to find out the gender of the baby. Pretty soon, they would know if John what's going to have a little brother or a little sister.

Amy was hoping that the baby would it be another, but Ricky really wanted a girl. It's not that he didn't love his son or anything. It's just that he and Amy already have a son. He thought that it would be perfect if their next child was a girl. that way, they would have one of each gender.

Amy drove the family of 3 to Margaret and shakers house.

Once they had arrived, Ricky had gone around to get John out of the car.

John didn't want his daddy and mommy to leave.

" My buddy." He said when he lifted John out of his car seat. " You will have fun at Grandma's house! You always do and don't worry, Mommy, and I will be back before you know it!" Ricky said, trying to console his son.

"No, Daddy! I don't want you and Mommy to go! Whaaa whaa " John started to cry. He buried his head into Ricky's shoulder and held on tight.

" I know, I know you don't want mommy and I to leave, but we have to. we have an appointment with Mommy's baby doctor. It's very important that we go to the appointment so that we can make sure that the baby in mommy's tummy is healthy!" Ricky tried to explain to his son so that he would understand.

Amy was busy getting bags full of toys, games, extra clothes, books, toys, and pull-ups for John. One of the bags also had John's favorite teddy bear and blanket. Just in case he ended up getting fussy and needed a nap. Both Amy and Ricky knew that it was next to impossible for them to get John to go to sleep without them.

The Pull-Ups were because Amy and Ricky were in the process of toilet training their son.

They also brought a plastic bag with a mini potty in it  so that hopefully Margaret would be able to continue his bathroom schedule when they were gone.

Ricky was a little shocked that Amy felt like she had to bring that much stuff for John when they were only going to be gone for a couple of hours.

Maybe it was a lot of stuff to bring, but Amy didn't care. She was in her nesting phase of her pregnancy. She just wanted to make sure that Ricky's foster parents AKA John's grandparents would have everything would have everything they would need in order to look after their son properly while they were gone.

" Hey  little man, can you keep a secret?" Ricky asked his son, who was still in tears.

John was still crying, but he nodded yes in response to his dad's question.

" Can you promise me not to tell Mommy, Grandma , Grandpa or Nana, and Papa?" I asked him.  " Okay, remember you can't tell Aunt Ashley and Uncle Toby either." He said.

" what about Uncle Ethan and Aunt Kathy or great Mimsy or granny?" John asked Ricky. ( granny is Nora Ricky's biological mother.) " not even aunt Grace and Uncle Jack or Uncle Ben and Aunt Adrian? Or Alice and Uncle Henry?" John questioned his dad again.

" no little man, you can't tell them either. " okay I will make a deal with you. You have to promise me one thing. When I let here out of my arms you are going to be a good boy. You're going to go and play with grandma. You have to make sure and listen to what she tells you and behave. No jumping on furniture no yelling or screaming when we leave. Okay?" Ricky asked John.