Day 10: Missing you

Sorry guys that I haven't been able to update in like a week, there were some personal things I had to take care of. I'm back and I apologize for my absence.

Sakura Haruno had been extremely busy since the war ended. Sakura had done many great things since the war, from opening the children's' clinic and becoming head of Konoha's hospital. During this time and in the war Sakura had saved thousands of lives. Sakura finally had a chance to relax, since the war and now Sasuke was on his redemption journey. On her day off, Sakura decided to stay home at her one-bedroom apartment to clean up the place and time to herself. Sakura kept her pager close by just in case of an emergency at the hospital.

Sakura hasn't had much time to herself and leaving herself with her thoughts. Sakura was grateful for the little break she got from the hospital, but also wished she was there instead of her home. Sakura being by herself made her mind wander, sucking herself deep into her own thoughts and feelings. Sakura once was a girl who kept her heart on her sleeve, but now she wasn't that same little girl anymore. Sakura grew up and she knew that her feeling changed over time. The only feelings that hadn't changed it only altered, the same feelings she had for Sasuke, but now she wasn't the hopelessly lovesick puppy she once was wanting her to get acknowledgment from him. Sakura knew Sasuke had knowledge of her abilities and thought highly of her. Sakura has been crowned as the strongest kunoichi in the Konoha maybe even the world.

As she was cleaning her apartment Sakura couldn't help but think about Sasuke Uchiha.

"Maybe next time...thank you." His last words to her kept running through her head. Remembering his words made Sakura blush. Sakura always knew that Sasuke could never become truly evil. She knew his journey was important to him, but it didn't stop Sakura from missing him.

Sakura heard a knock on her door, she didn't think anyone knew that she was free today. As much as Sakura loved and deeply cared about her friends she just wanted a break to herself.

"Naruto."

"Sakura-chan here." Naruto handed Sakura a small scroll. "A mission?" Naruto shook his head. "It's from Sasuke." Sakura's face lit up and opened the scroll to read the message that had been sent to her.

Sakura,

Naruto and Kakashi have told me many things about you. It's nice to hear that you have taken care of the village while I'm gone and when Naruto is. I've also heard that you have been working endlessly at the hospital and clinics. Hopefully, you are taking care of yourself and not overworking. I don't know how long I will be, I wish I could tell you. Yesterday I saw cherry blossoms bloom, they reminded me of you for some reason. See you soon

- Sasuke

Sakura saw a necklace with a cherry blossom on it, she smiled at his small gift. Sakura knew Sasuke wasn't good with words, this was enough for her. She knew he was doing good he didn't need to tell her. Sasuke could take care of himself she was aware of that, so was Sasuke he knew that Sakura could take care of herself. To Sakura it was almost like Sasuke was a bit concern for her well-being. Sakura grabbed a pen and paper to write back to Sasuke as soon as she could.

"Maybe teme isn't hopeless after all." Sakura turned red at Naruto's statement. "Shut up."

I hoped you all enjoyed it. I plan a second part to this where Sasuke gets Sakura's letter. I hope Sasuke wasn't too out of character I didn't really know how to write the letter scene. I hope you all have a wonderful day.