Chapter 33 - us included

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I can. What do you know from business? As long as we have money to live, nothing else matters," he said emotionless.

I wanted to give him a taste of my thoughts again, but Natsu beat me to it. "Just shut the fuck up. Don't you even have a heart? Those people have no family and you want to put those kids om the street? You are insane," Natsu said, pissed too. "Besides, do you think putting kids in the streets is good for your reputation?"

"Natsu Dragneel, language," his mother said, but she looked furious too.

Before there was a verbal fight, someone offered things. "Why don't we vote?"

I crossed my arms and everyone agreed, with that I mean the owners of the companies.

Then there was the voting.

Twelve people agreed.

Nine people disagreed.

That means if they go bankrupt they will put those kids on the street.

All the kids, my brother, and the parents of Natsu disagreed.

I can't believe the adults. "Looks like we won," the man with the smart idea said, note the sarcasm.

I totally snapped. I stood up and slammed my hand on the table.

"I will do everything in my power to stop you and help the Scarlets. I won't let you take away the only home those children have. I warn you Mr. Yuri, don't even think of it," I said angry. The Heartfilias can do more things than you know.

He snapped his gaze to my brother, raising his eyebrow in a daring way.

Luke placed his arm on the table, a business look on his face. "Look, Just building a hotel there will only give you a bad image. We came from old money. An eye for an eye."

"I don't think so, Mr. Heartfilia," the man replied, looking around. "We are all from powerful names. People won't stop helping you just because you built a hotel on a place an orphanage used to be. They're afraid what we can do with the money."

I turned my mouth in a scowl, standing up.

The other kids were silent and my brother and the Dragneels stood up.

"I cut my connections with you. I don't need someone who doesn't care about others," Luke said what made me smile.

"Us included," Igneel said. We walked the building out.

Natsu and I have our hands intertwined. "I love how you stood up for the orphanage," Grandeeney said, looking at me.

I could only smile. Natsu and I decided to still go to school today: it wasn't in the afternoon yet.

We arrived at lunchtime so we went straight to the cafeteria. We sat down and soon more students were filling the room.

I was in baggy clothes, because they were simply comfortable.

I heard people laughing about it. Natsu wanted to stand up, but I stopped him.

"Looks like Lucy is a little poor to wear those clothes," a spoiled brat said. People began laughing on what she said. I don't understand what is wrong with wearing baggy clothes.

"What did you say?" I asked, tilting my head.

"That you are nothing but trash. You don't belong on Fairy Tail High. Only those who are special belong here," she said.

I noticed more and more people were watching us. And I noticed the introverted people were looking at her in distaste.

I clenched my fist. I am done hiding, I won't do it again. She was going to pay.

"What do you mean 'those who are special belongs here'? Everyone is special on his of her own way. You can't say things like that. You are nothing but are spoiled little brat, thinking you are the boss of everyone. Guess what, you are not. And everyone belong here. Fairy Tail High will accept all the people, that is the way FTH is." I totally lost my cool.

She glared at what I said. Natsu was staring at me with those eyes full amusement.

She then wanted to say something again, but I wasn't done yet.

"Oh, and for your information thinking that I'm poor. My real name is Lucy Heartfilia, from the Heartfilia family. And I know very well that I'm richer than you," I said it. My real name. Everyone eyes me wide.

She gasped loudly, then she scoffed.

"Nice," Natsu said. Our friends came and smiled too.

I saw those nerds in the corner eating. I have nothing against nerds, I think they're cool. But they looked awfully scared.

"Wait a second," I said to my friends.

I walked to the nerds and they saw me walking towards them. They hid under the books, making me sad. They probably think I am a spoiled brat too, cause I am very rich.

"Hey. Don't be scared, I just wanted to talk," I said softly. They went slowly behind there books.

"About what? Come here to threaten us to move or make homework for you?" a girl said. I don't blame her, Lisanna probably went after her a while ago.

I smiled sweetly at them. "Don't worry, I am not like those people. Just want to have a little chat. You guys seem scared, but I assure you, there is nothing to be scared of."

I sat down and we chatted for a while. They were loosen up to me and even laughed or smiled. I didn't even know there were pictures taken of us.

"Why do you want to waste your time with us?" a boy suddenly asked.

"I'm not wasting my time, stop thinking that. You guys are fun to be around... and smart," I said.

Lunch bell soon rung and I stood up. "Talk to you guys later," I said and waved them goodbye. I caught up with my friends.

I looked at Erza and totally forgot that her family owns the orphanage.

-Time skipp. School is over-

I greeted my friends outside school.

"Erza... does the orphanage your family owns almost goes bankrupt?" I asked hesitantly.

Natsu froze and my friends went silence too. Erza hung her head down low, but nodded.

"We have to do something, those kids will be put on the street sooner or later," Juvia said.

"Don't bother. There is nothing we can do. We have a big debt," Erza said, her voice a little bit strained.

She clenched her fist.

"Don't worry Erza. You are like a sister to me so I can't let that happen. Lucy and I could ask our parents and brother to give some money and we can collect money for ya," Natsu said, swinging his arm over her shoulder.

"Ya Erza, we always have your back," Gray said grinning. Everyone agreed and soon Erza embraces us.

"Thank you," Erza said, tightening her grip.

"Just remember that we are always there for each other," Mira said smiling.

I love my friends.

______________________________