Chapter 14 - promise

~Lucy's POV~

I woke up and the first thing I saw was Natsu, then I remembered yesterday. All the anger came back. He was awake too.

"Hey," he said causally.

"Don't hey me. I didn't forget yesterday. I thought you said no physical pain," I told him harshly.

His eyes softened a little bit, but still remained cold.

"I didn't mean for it to go that far."

I stared at him with open eyes. He looked honest. That was a sort of an apology, right? I closed my eyes, if you're going to forgive people who didn't actually apologize the next day, what would you become in the real world?

"That doesn't change it. I'm still wondering why you are who you are now," I said and changed into a random outfit, but I forgot one thing.

I changed in the same room Natsu was in!

I turned around and saw him smirking. "Stripping in front of me, huh?" he asked amused.

"Shut up," I mumbled annoyed. I turned around and walked to the door. I was less embarrassed than the time the towel fell. Still, I don't like that he saw me half naked again.

"I'm gonna go somewhere without you. Tonight there is a party at the beach at six pm. All the classmates are there, so this is an invitation. The theme is love," and with that I walked away.

"Thanks," I heard him say. I just clicked my tongue and walked to Levy and Juvia.

I knocked three times before I heard a response.

I turned the door open. "Hey," I greeted and they ran to me.

"How are you?" they said in unison. Before I could answer I was cut.

"I swear if Natsu did something to you again..." Levy said, angry and worried at the same time.

"Relax. He didn't do something today. He even apologized sort of though I still haven't forgiven him."

"Okay... let's change the topic. We are going to shop," Juvia said and squealed. They dragged me to Mira and Erza before I could even complain.

"Erza, Mira, come join us shopping," Levy said. The door turned wide open and there stood Mira and Erza with sparkling eyes.

"Yes, let's go!" they cheered and I smiled. Their excitement is a little contagious.

~Gray's POV~

I was going to visit Natsu. I heard what happened between the girls and Sting and Rogue. I couldn't believe Natsu let that happen for a while. He was different in the past, he was happy, funny and caring. Now he's everything he had hated. I knew about his past, but it didn't condone them.

His behaviour and the accident have nothing to do with each other. He's just pushing people away.

"Flame brain, open the damn door," I screamed and punched the door.

Finally he opened the door. Jesus. Could he take any longer?

"What do you want, Popsicle?" Natsu asked, scrolling through his phone.

"Have you apologized to Lucy? I know you didn't want it to go that far," I said. I heard what happened through Erza, and I honestly couldn't believe what I heard.

I don't think he apologized, but to my surprise he did.

"Let me guess, she hasn't forgiven you."

"Tch." Then he changed into red pants and a black T-shirt. "I'm going somewhere," and he walked past me. We did our handshake, before he pulled away I gripped his hand tightly. My whole face turned serious.