"Aw that's sucks. I was kinda hoping he could tell me more about these guns he made." I said, faking disappointment. "I can tell you about them!" Morty exclaimed, immediately covering his mouth. "Really?! That's great!" I responded, giving him my best smile. "So tell me about them." I said, sliding into a chair.

Morty nodded his head. "Well between you and me, Rick didn't actually make these. He stole them from some alie- I mean someone else. We don't even know if they work. Ricks been messing around with them a bit but he's only figured out how to deactivate them..." Morty explained, trailing off.

"They can be deactivated? But aren't they just like normal guns?" I asked, faking stupidity. Morty chuckled. "No these are more advanced than normal guns. They were designed to have two modes. The first is similar to normal guns but the bullets are a lot stronger. And the second mode is the experimental one. Rick heard that they'd been trying to develop technology that could wipe out immortals and then he heard this gun get mentioned. But it's in the very basic stages of development." He told me.

I nodded my head in understanding. This meant that either the gun definitely worked or Rick was going to fix it so that it did. Either way, people would end up getting killed.

"You can't tell anyone about this! If this place finds out Rick and I haven't been doing our jobs they'll fire us!" Morty exclaimed, begging me not to tell anyone. "Of course I won't tell anyone. But if you haven't been doing your jobs then what have you been doing?" I asked curiously.

"Well... this job is kind of a coverup. Rick isn't exactly the most likable person and he got on some peoples bad side who are hunting him down. We came here to lay low for a while. This is the only job Rick could get with his experience." Morty explained to me reluctantly.

"Ah I see. Don't worry I won't tell anyone. I know what it's like to be on the run." I comforted him. "So anyway what are you guys planning on doing then? Are you going to fix up the guns and make them work better or are you just going to hand them out and hope for the best?" I asked.

Morty sighed. "Well we were supposed to be working on them but I doubt Rick is going to do anything. We will probably just hand them out and hope for the best. They seem like they could work." Morty said, clearly unsure.

Then I got an idea. "Wellllll maybe we could go test them out a little?" I suggested, smiling. Morty's head perked up. "You seem like a fun guy and plus you could call it research! Come onnnnnnnn." I begged him. Morty thought it over for a bit before finally giving in. "Yeah sure." He said.

"Great!"

We loaded up some of the guns into backpacks and left the building. Then we made our way to the woods. "We can't really test if the guns can actually kill immortals or not, but the modes might be slightly different." Morty said, breaking the silence. I nodded at him and smiled.

"You seem like you know a lot about this kind of stuff. You must be pretty smart." I complimented him. Flashbacks of the last time I was nice to a guy like this entered my head. "Mental note not to let this guy kiss me." I thought, remembering Tae's death. It's not like it bothered me, but Morty still seemed young so I'd feel bad if I ended up getting him killed.

Finally we found a decent place in the woods and Morty began showing me how the guns worked. "So right here, there's a tiny button you press to switch modes." He explained, motioning underneath the barrel of the gun. He pressed the button and the gun changed colors. "Woahhhhh." I said in awe.

Morty chuckled at me.

"So now it's set on mode 2 which is the experimental mode." Morty told me. Then he aimed the gun at a tree and shot it. The tree didn't stand a chance. At first, it just seemed like the bullet made a large hole in the trunk of the tree, but then a black substance started surrounding the hole and the tree began to disintegrate. "That was awesome." I said.

"Yeah I guess it is pretty cool. Anyways the other mode like I told you is just like a normal gun but stronger." He said, switching the gun back to its original mode and handing it to me. "Try it out." He instructed. A smile formed on my face as I aimed at a sturdy looking tree and fired. It created a large bullet hole and much of the wood became severely cracked. "Bruh that's so cool." I said.

Morty and I continued messing around with the guns for a while before I decided I needed to start figuring out a way to deactivate the second mode on them. It was clear that these guns could cause damage and if Morty was sure that Rick wasn't going to change anything about them, that meant they could kill us creepypastas as there were right now.

"Hey do you think you could show me how these work back at the lab? I'd love to see their inner workings, you know?" I asked, hoping Morty would agree. "Oh uh yeah sure. Let's go." He said, beginning to pack everything up. After he was finished we made our way back to the lab and Morty unpacked.

He cleared off a steel table and set a gun on top of it. Then he fished around in some boxes until he pulled out a bunch of tools. After that he opened up the gun so we could see the inside. Not gonna lie, I was kind of amazed. It looked super futuristic.

For the next hour or so Morty explained to me what each part was for and just overall how everything worked. "Are all the guns the same on the inside?" I asked him after he finished explaining everything. "Yeah." He replied. I nodded my head.

Even though the technology looked complicated, Morty explained it all to me very well. Deactivating the second mode on the guns wouldn't be hard. The hard part would be getting Morty to leave the room long enough for me to deactivate everything. All the guns were here and it was clear they weren't hiding any extras someplace else.

So how am I supposed to get Morty out of here?

Then I facepalmed. I could just come back to the lab when no one was here.

Unless they had extra security measures in here.

"Hey Morty? It seems like you guys have a lot of important stuff in here. Shouldn't you have extra security or something to make sure it stays safe?" I asked.

"Oh don't worry about that! We have cameras in here and motion sensing at night. Unless something like a raccoon broke in, we would know. But a raccoon isn't gonna come in here so no worries." Morty assured me.

Now wouldn't it be absolutely hilarious if a raccoon did break in? I grinned widely.

"That's great to hear! It seems like you guys work really hard on this stuff." I told him. Morty agreed with me before I finally decided to say my goodbyes. I wouldn't break in tonight because that would seem too suspicious. I'd break in the night before we go to war so they wouldn't have time to question me.

Smiling I walked out and headed to the break room. I was hungry don't judge.

I opened the break room door and smiled happily when I saw there was no one else here. I got (Favorite/Chips or whatever) from the vending machine and sat down.

If I broke in as a raccoon the motion detectors wouldn't detect me, but the cameras would still catch me meddling with the guns. I'd have to find a way to knock all the cameras out before I could do anything. That shouldn't be too hard though if I asked BEN for help. Then I can just break into the lab and deactivate the guns. Easy.

Don't worry guys, I won't let you get hurt.

I smiled as I continued eating and thought about all my friends.

I wouldn't let these guns kill them. And I won't let us lose this war.

•••••
2142 words

I finished this in an hour idek how. XD

Also I completely forgot to publish this and it is now like 2am. Oops.