6 - Zion's Mission Part 2

Zacznij od początku

“Cyborgs.” I replied.

I started the ship and the hologram screens appeared, then I saw the companion lying his master down on a comfortable couch. He took off his black suit and covered Chris’ body with it, and for what reason? I seriously didn't know. In fact, it was barely a suit for it got scratches on it.

“Cyborgs?” Then he went to me as I pressed the automation of the ship, and quickly we flew away. “What are those things?! Are they pursuing Earl Query?”

“They're pursuing all humans, especially a human like you. Now get off because Chris is not yet safe, the danger has just begun.” I threw at him a medicine kit and added, “Pilot the ship to Block Zero and treat your mortal wounds.”  

“And where are you going?” He asked as I opened the metallic, thick door. 

“Cyborg hunting.” I replied as I shut the door, and there were four layers of it.   

I ended up outside the safe room, and towards the flat surface—the rear end of the flying ship. With haste, I detached my left arm and turned it into a canon destroyer. I positioned my right arm to pull the trigger as I calculated the remaining cyborgs who went after our ship. My eye lenses detected five newly transformed machines. With proper calculations I fired massive explosives to each of them.

One of my explosions blocked my eyesight, and I was busy firing that I missed to notice a faster cyborg, his neon green lenses glowed in the night as he knocked me down on the floor. Then he immediately fired an explosive to me but I managed to dodge it fast. The ship tremored but it wouldn't collapse easily. This was the reason why I needed a ship than a flying car. Ships were designed for combats.

This time, I attacked the cyborg and we battled against each other, and I didn’t want to admit it but I had difficulty in finishing him off. I could only say that his transformation was perfected. The nerve with this half-human, half-machine!!!

I was still on a combat with him, when the corners of my lenses saw another cyborg who was about to fire an explosive to the ship’s main door. I kicked the cyborg I was having a combat with, then I pulled my detached arm back to me as I quickly went to the door. 

As I stood in time, I released a magnetic field energy which quickly repelled the explosives, in which it resulted to their own death—turning the two cyborgs into blue ashes. It was one of my greatest weapons. One that could kill me as well if not properly launched.

“MFE has been released. Warning. Battery level: 10%. Energy level:5%. Action: Recharge.” My teller informed me as the blue remnants of the energy I released glowed dramatically before me. 

Zion. Zion. Your name is Zion...

I shook my head as I heard my bearer's voice. I couldn’t feel pain but I pulled my hair out, restraining the screeching noises of my internal system. The voice kept repeating my name, and though I knew it was only a recorded voice, it felt real. Half of the face of my bearer flashed before me, so I closed my eyes just to make it go away. 

I wasn't supposed to see his face while on a mission, because it might get along the way. My series of programs might give in, and if I could not update, my firewall would get weaker, and all the more I get glitches like this. But...I could not update myself anymore...Because my bearer...My bearer...Had actually forgotten me.

I was robbed off my thoughts when I was pushed hard on the wall, just beside the ship’s main door. Of course we’re still flying. I found myself wrapped by some wired-shape electrons, disabling me to move my arms because it got anti-AI essence on it. 

Another cyborg stood before me. His skin was silver but half of his face was still human, his left eye was orange, and the other was black—still a human eye. It wasn’t fully transformed.

He walked to me and grabbed my chin. His metallic fingers suddenly went sharp, almost piercing through my metal face. He tilted his head as he said, “Why is a machine like you helping humans?”

“Ha!” I mocked. “How could you ask me such a question, when you youself is following a mortal’s order?”

“He is more than what you think he is.” He tightened his grip on my chin. 

“The Emperor hates humans who don’t submit to his kingship. Hmnn...it has begun as you can see. Who doesn't accept, we kills. Who follows, we consume.” I saw his black eye turned into orange, like the other one. “My bearer is such a good human. He accepted the Emperor’s wishes with all his heart. I don't find it hard consuming his body but, I must tell you anyway that I don't like it—it’s very weak. Oh, I saw what you did earlier. My bearer here is wondering why you're trying to hide those two humans.”

“Tell your bearer that it’s none of his business. Oh, it's not his business anymore in fact, I consider him dead.” I emphasized the last word. “To be consumed by a machine like you doesn't give him immortality, he became a slave of technology, simply short, he is now a machine himself.”

“Okay, enough talking.” The cyborg said, shaking his head. “You bore him. He says that you’re not fun at all, you're a disgrace to the Emperor!”

He initialized his arm and I saw red flames, there was no anti-AI essence on it, but the level of damage was 90%. I just released my MFE, and with my current energy level, I might not endure the impact!

“Good-bye!” He muttered annoyingly but he was interrupted by a voice.

“Hey, human-wannabe!” We both turned around only to see Chris’ companion, and before I could know it, he quickly fired the anti-AI gun into the cyborg. The impact pushed him backwards, and he dropped to his knees. 

He was then unable to move, but he laughed, saying, “I’m not just a machine anymore. I’m a cyborg. Anti-AI weapons don't kill us easily now.” He laughed evilly. He was pissing me off. If only I could move from the wired electrons, I would really shut him off.

“Oh shut up.” The companion said as he kicked him on his face, now I realized that I still didn't know his name. His data was not made known to me, so I couldn't read him. He had no profile.

He grabbed the cyborg's collar, and said as he looked to me, “Don’t you have any word for him before I send him away, Zion?”

Oh.

“I have.” I told him. “Send this data to your Emperor, whoever he is, and make sure it gets delivered...”

I added, “You will not find him. I’ll make sure of it.”

“Sounds well.” The butler said as he pushed in a bomb into the cyborg’s mouth, then he kicked him out of the ship, briefly then we heard the explosion.

He walked to me and helped me get rid of the wired electrons. Humans could touch them so easily. What a talent. 

“So,” I started. “Why did you waste your remaining bullet? You couldn’t blackmail me any longer. Now I could easily kill you so my business with Chris will be much easier.”

“You can't kill me.”

“How sure are you? Your existence itself is not necessary.”

“You can't kill me because my master owns me. My master is your mission, therefore, he owns you. Killing me means you’re trying to kill him, too.”

I looked at him.

“The idea of it all is very, very laughable.” I answered as the wired electrons finally got off my body. “You must be informed that I do not follow your English tradition. I only follow what my bearer has tasked me to...”

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish my words because my battery level was then empty. Next time, I won't release my MFE for sure.

Goodbye for now.

Zion was shutting off.