Tears from the Sky and a Broken Wolf's Cry

Comenzar desde el principio

'Rain..'

"The sky is crying." Okami said softly. I returned my gaze to the photo.

The Elders started the service and called up the ninja and others present one by one. They all placed a single white flower on the table in front of the photos and offered their prayers.

I heard soft cries and looked down to a sobbing Konohamaru. My heart ached for him. The memory of the Hokage's dying moments flashed in my mind.

"Hokage-sama!!!" I screamed and barely caught his wounded body in my arms. I didn't care for my own pain, I ignored it and choked back my sobs. No matter how hard I tried not to cry I lost it and bawled my eyes out.

"You stupid old man! You shouldn't have done it alone! Why didn't you let me help you! I can't bare to see you die!!!" I screamed and slammed my face into his chest sobbing.

"I'm sorry Natsuki... I *cough* didn't want.... to see you *cough* hurt.... Please... do me... one last.... favour.... Live your life t*cough* the best... you can.. *cough cough*" he choked out and violently coughed blood.

"Hokage-sama! No you can't die! You can't! I don't know what I'll do if you aren't around! I need you! The Village needs you! Please hold on!!"

"You'll do fine... as for the village.... they'll find... another Hokage... to take my place-" He said slowly but I cut him off before he could finish.

"No!! No one could ever replace you! You gave me a home and family when mine was taken away! You gave me a life and if you're gone then it's like I've died again! Please don't leave!!!!"

He gave me a closed eye smile and gave his last breath.

"Hokage-sama...? Hokage-sama! HOKAGE-sama!!" I cried shaking his shoulders. I continued to shake him and cry his name.

"Natsuki he's gone."

"No he isn't! Hokage-sama! NO!!!"

Konohamaru continued to cry. I bent down and pulled him into a tight hug.

"N-Natsuki-nee-san?" he sobbed.

"Your grandfather was a brave man..." I said monotone but a small trace of sadness trailed in it. Konohamaru cried into my chest, soaking my already drenched dress more.

I continued to hug him until it was our turn to pay our respects.

Sasuke took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, leading me to the front.

One by one the other genin gave their flowers and prayed until it was my turn. I placed my flower directly in front of the picture of the Hokage and put my hands together to pray.

"Welcome to Konoha, Natsuki-chan."

"Try harder Natsuki, you've almost got it."

"Good job Natsuki, I'm proud of you."

"Naruto! Natsuki! Get back here and clean up this mess!!!"

"Welcome back, how was the mission?"

"Good luck on the exam. I'll be rooting for you."

"Live your... life... t-the best... you can..."

"Natsuki..."

His voice echoed in my mind. Inside I was already crying, but my face held no emotion.

"Why is she here? Isn't she the one who helped kill the Hokage?" I heard someone say from the crowd.

"Yeah, I think it is! I heard she was already helping Orochimaru get into the Village by killing the Kazekage of the Sand Village."

"Is that true? So she was the one that started the war."

"Sounds like it."

"I knew those Himura bastards were no good. They're nothing but killers! The Hokage's death is proof!"

This is nothing new. It's been like this ever since the ANBU found me with the deceased Hokage. They automatically came to the conclusion that I killed the Hokage because I was still in my 'monster' form when they found me. Since then, rumours have been spreading around the village of me killing the Hokage and aiding Orochimaru.

I didn't pay too much attention to the whispers and insults thrown at me in malice. This was not the time nor place to start a fight, you would think they would have the common sense to wait till after the funeral to disgrace one of their own.

I bowed to the photos and walked back to my place in the crowd.

••••••••••••••••• (time skip) ••••••••••••••••••••••

Me and Sasuke walked to the house in silence. We haven't said a word to each other since we left for the funeral.

I made my way up the stairs to my room, I was feeling sick and needed to lie down.

"Natsuki, do you want me to make something to eat? You haven't had anything to eat all day, you even skipped dinner last night..."

"No thanks. I'm not hungry."

"Come on Natsuki, you need to get some food into you or else-"

"I said I don't want any Sasuke!!" I shouted, cutting him off. His face held hurt and I regretted raising my voice to him when he was only trying to help.

"I'm sorry.... I just... I just..." I couldn't get words to form.

I felt strong arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

"I know he meant a lot to you." Sasuke spoke softly into my ear. "It's okay to cry."

I started to tear up and eventually broke down into deafening sobs. Sasuke pulled me into his chest more and cooed me. It was times like these that I relied on him the most. He was the only thing keeping me together. I'm so damn lucky to have him.

I cried myself to sleep that night in Sasuke's arms.

=============================

Wahh!~ I cried so much writing this chapter!!!!!~

Well this will probably be my last update for a while because I have mock exams next week and I need to get my butt in gear if I wanna pass.

Until my next update, stay beautiful!