∞two∞

∞ CAS ∞

It was sunny and the weather is totally fair. Just fine. No sign of bad luck and trouble could be seen. It‘s a good day. I could only hope that later would have no difference. I don't have to be nervous. Breathe.

I picked out the same clothes that I was wearing when I was last with him. I don't know why but I just feel like wearing the same blue tank top and white ripped skinnies that I wore when the highlight of my life came. It was like being slap on the face accompanied with a loud scream of: you will never be good enough for anyone. I remember it all like it just happened yesterday. Maybe, I wore this outfit because I want him to remember. To feel bad. To feel guilty. But the thing is; he might not even cared at all. After all, I'm not worth caring for.

I mentally stopped myself before I get consumed by those memories. I don't want to cry. I'm practically done with that. It wasn't my lost after all.

Logan, my older brother offered to drive me to the cafe since I don't have my car yet. I can borrow mom or dad's car if I'm going somewhere far and I get free rides from Erylle or Elijah on the way to school. So there's no need to buy me a cat anyway. But I would love to have one.

We got to the cafe before I knew it. Starlight cafe. "Call me when I'm going to pick you up. And if he hurts you again, do tell John that I'll rip his head off. He knows I won't hesitate. But also tell him I said 'Hi'." Logan and John are friends but let's just say that my brother is a protective kind of brother. Family before friends. But he's pretty cool.

When I said no one needed to know about what happened to John and I, but Logan is an exception. He's the only one I ran to when anything bad happens. But not everything. I can handle other bad things on my own. It goes by by the name Amelia Reeve.

"I'll call you later and tell him you said 'hi'." I said trying to ignore his warning.

I got out of the car and wave him goodbye. I watched as his car fade into the horizon. Then I went in the cafe.

He was already there on my favourite spot. Wearing his black jeans and plain white shirt. Still looking the same as I last saw him before he graduated a few months back. Nothing has changed. Except for how I look at him now. With no adoration.

I walk towards where he was seated. He noticed that was near and we locked eyes. Those eyes. I should stop looking back. So I just stared at my shoes.

He cleared his throat. "Hi. Take a sit. I've ordered for you already. I hope you still like chocolate chip and blueberry cheesecake." John informed me, pointing at the drink and slice of cake that was on my side of the table as I sat down.

"Thanks. That was nice of you. Here, I'll just--" he cuts me off as I try to reach for the money on my pocket. Yes. I don't use wallets when I go out. Only when I'm wearing jeans and shorts of course.

"No. You don't need to. It's my treat. I haven't done that in awhile now." He tells me. Scratching the back of his head as if he was shy to say what he just said.

But those words are not enough to make me forget what happened. "I could pay for myself. But I'm not going to argue because I'm not in the mood." I said bitterly. I didn't want to sound rude, it just came out that way. "Let's just talk about what we should. By that, I mean the job."

John nodded and you could see the sadness that was taking over his features. Right then I want to apologize for being mean. But I decide against it. Let him feel guilty.

"My dad said that you're already hired. Audition is no longer needed. You got a yes from dad, mom, double M and me." He says out of the blue. Catching me off guard.