∞seventeen∞

∞ LUKE ∞

Its been 15 minutes or more of slow driving but still no sign of Cas. I hope she's already home rather than still walking. We're
3 blocks away when something caught my eye. I squint my eyes to see what is it clearly. Holy f.ucking s.hit, it's not a something but instead it's a someone. Long gold hair draped her shoulder, curled up like a ball beside the street light.

"Stop." I tell Calum.

Calum glared at me. "What? Why did we stop. We need to make sure that she's safe and she's al--" He stops, noticing that I wasn't paying attention.

My eyes never left the person beside the light post. I have a strong feeling that I know exactly who she is. Calum followed my line of vision, "S.hit, Luke. It‘s her!"

Without second thoughts and hesitation, we stepped out of the car, rushing towards her. Calum sat on the curb beside her but not too close. I don't know if she notices our presences but if she does, she didn't acknowledge it. She was crying, I could hear her muffled sobs even when she's tightly curled up like a ball.

What happened? I looked over to Calum and see him mirror the same confused and concerned expression on my face. None of us dared to speak for awhile, not knowing the right words to say to her.

I cleared my throat. "Cas." I finally called her. My voice was hoarse, almost breaking when I said her name.

Cas wiped her eyes and looked back at me. I was now on my knees and I could see her face clearly. Calum and I both gasped at the sight of her face. Yes, she's definitely beautiful but her disheveled hair, the bruise on her jaw and the sore of her cheeks are what made us gasped in horror. F.ucking hell! Who did this to her?

I was about to hug her but she moved back so I brought my hands back to my sides, not wanting to make her feel worse. "What happened? Who did this to you?" I asked instead.

I hate myself for letting this happen to her. I grit my teeth at the thought of what happened to her and who the f.uck laid as much as a finger on her. "I-I uhm." I heard Cas start. She's thinking of I lie. I know she is because she refuses to make eye contact. "I… tripped… yeah, I tripped on my feet." Yup. Definitely lying. "I'm on my way home anyways." She fakes a smile and stands but she struggles with her balance. I try to help her but, "No. Don't touch me." She said to me with lack of emotion, cold if I may put in to words.

Ouch. It's like I've been stab straight in my chest, 10 maybe 100 times. Calum gave me a sympathetic look. For the second time, I retract my hands back to my sides. Cas hates me, I'm sure of that. She thinks that I'm a total d.ick. Which I would agree with her right now. I blew all my chances up.

She starts to walk. "We'll just drive you home." Calum offered.

Cas looks at him. "I am more capable of walking, I made it up to here, can't you see? Just go home and forget that you guys even spent time with me." Cold. There were still no hint of emotion in her voice.

Calum walked to her. "Please." He pouted, using his puppy eyes on her.

"Okay. But I'll seat at the back." We both nod as we made our way to the car. I was about to join her at the back, "Alone." She looked at me straight dead in the eye.

I don't know how I'm still alive with the constant stabbing that my chest has been constantly receiving. Making my way to the passenger seat, Calum flashed me a sympathetic look, again.

The car ride was silent and short. No one said a word. Not even breathed. Cas refused to look at me whenever I would look at her just to check if she's okay.

Yup! She surely hates you a.sshole! Now, the girl that you've been crushing on for a long time hates your guts.

We finally made it to her house. It was a three floored white and blue house. The lights are off. Where are her parents? We hopped out of the car and I made my way to open her door but she was already, out.

She faced us but only made eye contact with Calum. "Thank you." With no more than two words, she turned on her heel and walked away from us. It's funny how the tables have turned and now, I was the one watching her walk away. But this one is different. I can feel her slipping right out of my fingers.

"Wait!" I heard Calum called out. "Will you be okay? Your cheeks and jaw ar--"

Cas cut him off. "It hurts less than rejection."

Burn.

"Cas, let me exp--" I started but just like Calum, she cut me off.

Cas shook her head. "No need for that. I don't want to talk to you right now, Luke. Not even tomorrow and the next following lifetimes. I need to go now, I still have classes tomorrow." She blatantly said and started walking away again.

"Can I text or call you later? Just to check on you." Calum called out when he was on her front door. Cas just nods. Nothing more, nothing less.

We got in the car when she was already in her house safely. Calum started driving. "I screwed up. Big time. Cas hates me." I mumbled to myself but Calum heard it.

"Hell yeah, you screwed up. But you shouldn't give up on if you really like her." He advices.

I pull on my hair, so hard that I swear it could get ripped right out of my scalp, it hurts but it doesn't over power the pain in my chest. "She doesn't even want to talk to me." It hurts to say it.

"Try harder. Show her that you're worth hearing out. Let her know that she's worth the effort and working hard for, that you deserve her." Calum‘s word of wisdom.

I smile at his words. "But how?"

Calum shrugged. "You're the smart one. I know that you can think of something."

I furrowed my eyebrows in concentration.

Think.

Think.

Think.

Bingo!

I know exactly what I will do. I just hope it's enough for her to sees that I really like her. "I have something in mind. Actually, a few things in mind. But…" I trailed off. "I need help from my best mates." I said wholeheartedly.

"We've always got your back, Luke." Calum pats my back to assure me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Ohh. I wonder what Luke has in mind?

Goal: 15 reads, 2 votes, and 1 comment for a next chapter :)

Question: pizza or ice cream?

Please vote, comment or follow me. Add this to your reading list and I will love you forever.

Check my new fanfic. It's called 'Heartbeat' and it's a Harry Styles fanfic.

Twitter: rejectedbyhxrry

Promotion of my stories are highly appreciated.

My inbox is always open.

Love lots lovely people xx

-Skyllr