Chapter 18 - Pharaoh Encounter?

—————/~~~~/—————
Previously on How You Met Atem:
—————/~~~~/—————

Landing flat on the ground, you stopped in front of a large Egyptian Temple. Darkness swept over the sky, and a strange, uncomfortable feeling swept over the environment.

Your other self, moved forward, not looking back.

This doesn't look good. Stay within my shadows for now. I will promise to protect you, my friend.

—————/~~~~/—————

(A/N: It's time for a little speech switcharoo.)

Echoes of footsteps were heard through the tall temple hallway. The two of you walked straight to the building and the roaring voices grew louder, muting even the sound of your own footsteps. You look towards your own feet, thinking when you realise something strange. The sudden thought makes you stop. Your other half noticing your reduced movement.

She whispers, "What's wrong, you alright?" Looking at you calmly. You decided to do the worst thing that could happen in this situation. You decided to create a loud clap. But it never echoed through the hallway, just like the sounds of multiple feet from before.

"I... is this just a memory? But, how are you making sounds?" You asked. She looked at you confused, realising the logic of the situation. Answering your question.
"because you didn't exist 5000 years ago, but..."

You did.

She nods her head, "That is correct, because of that, you are simply a ghost."

Well then, now that's out of my system. Let's just get this over with. Also...
You studied your companion closely.
When did you get a change of clothes?

She was surprised and looked down, noticing she wasn't wearing the same clothes as your own. "Clothing I may have possibly worn during this time, it's Ancient Egypt, not your present time." Her answer made you understand the situation more clearly now, though it's quite weird to have our positions switched. She is talking to someone, that only she can see.

You said You are me, and yet, I don't even know your name?

She turns towards you, smiling softly, "that is quite simple, my name is (y/n). But now is not the time for this, we will talk about this another time. Right now I feel something bad is occurring ahead."

—————/~~~~/—————

As my other self's footstep drew closer to the scene. The scenery becomes dim, but visible, as a battle of two familiar figures is being held at this very moment.

A fight between the Dark Magician and Blue Eyes White Dragon. Even though these were memories from the past, the two have fought eachother with the same duel monsters in the present.

The Pharaoh versus Seto.

You look towards the battlefield and notice the area feeling, cold? Though it's only a memory, and flames are lit to show light in the room, but it still feels cold, but also tense. Dark aura is lurking within the room, it's not the memory of our Pharaoh in the garden days ago (ch. 7). No, this is a different Pharaoh entirely, almost as if, his life is at stake in this duel.

You noticed the Pharaoh's eyes wandering around, until the flaming red eyes land on me. Feeling the shiver of power through his eyes, this isn't the young innocent eyes, or Yami's soft and warm crimson gaze. No. It was trying to intimidate my own strength. He is not our Pharaoh, an imposter. He raises his hand in your direction grinning devilishly to you.

"Come to me, my Queen."

—————/~~~~/—————
To Be Continued!!!

Hello, welcome back for another chapter.
Like the referencing to a previous chapter I did? I remember things.

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, and quite possibly, the next will be in a different POV

Stay tuned!!

Demy out~!