Chapter 10- Surprised

A/N: 10th chapter! Wooo! Also thank you for 2.2k reads! You guys are the best :) xxx 

Reply to Reviews: 

@jetsettingdirectioner : I'm glad you like it! Next chapter is hereee xxx

@marimaranhao : Thank you! I'm glad you like my story! And Friday is heyaaa ;) xx

@Iloveharrystyles11 : Thank you, I appreciate it! I promise I will post more xx 

Thank you for your amazing reviews! Love you xx

Enjoy! 

Chapter 10- Surprises

“Eh, he can’t come. He’s…busy.” I said as I disconnected. Everyone looked at me with different expressions; Danielle and Chelsea with sympathy, Louis with a lot of sass (which I guessed was reserved for Austin) Liam, Niall, and Harry looked angry, and Zayn looked…happy. It made me so mad; why does he look so happy? Is it because Austin ditched me? Why is Zayn acting like a jerk lately?

“Well that’s OK, Skye.” Harry shook his curls “We’ll do something together.” He winked. Zayn caught the wink and jumped up “Yeah, let’s all do something together.” Everyone nodded and we decided to go out for dinner.

We went to a restaurant that a friend of Niall’s had suggested we try. When we got there, the waiter took us to a smaller, more private part of the restaurant. We arranged our seats so that Chelsea was beside Zayn, I was in between Harry and Zayn. Across Harry was Louis and Niall, Liam, and Danielle were to his right. Needless to say I wasn’t very happy arrangement because Zayn’s knee kept brushing on mine and unintentionally, I kept reddening. It kept sending a shot of electricity through my body and I felt butterflies, much to my dismay. Harry would glance side-ways at me and smirk, at one point he whispered in my ear “I bet you’re having much more fun right now than you would with Austin.” I kicked him under the table. I kept worrying about Zayn hearing what he said but our table was so loud that I don’t he heard Harry. At some point I considered Zayn might be doing it on purpose, he knee brushed mine too frequently to be an accident, but I shook that thought out of my head; he loves Chelsea Skye, not you, Chelsea.

I enjoyed the dinner, we had so much fun, Niall and I threw French fries at each other, Louis and I argued about some random thing as we always do, Liam and Danielle were all adorable. By after dessert, I was so tired, I barely could keep my eyes open.

“Hey, Sleepyhead, we’re leaving.” Someone nudged me gently. “Wha-?” I shook my head and got up from someone’s shoulder. I realized I had gone to sleep on Zayn’s shoulder for some time. I was so embarrassed. “I’m so sorry Zayn, I didn’t realize tha-“  I apologized.  Everyone around the table laughed “No need to apologize Skye, you were tired. I understand. But we should go.” He shrugged.  I nodded and we all got out of our seat s and with difficulty-since we were all so full- left the restaurant.

“I think Zayn enjoyed you sleeping on his shoulder a little bit more than he should have.” Harry whispered once we were out in the hotel. I blushed “What? No he didn’t.”

“He did too. He was smiling all the while.” Harry argued. “You’re imagining things, besides why didn’t you wake me up?” I tried to dismiss the thought, but it warmed my heart that Zayn was smiling because of me.

“You were too cute babe. I just couldn’t.” Harry shrugged. I almost laughed, me and cute don’t go in a sentence together. “That’s not an excuse. I totally humiliated myself in front of everyone. Argh, could this day get any worse?” I crossed my arms.