Chapter 1- Zayn's Audition

Chapter 1

I’m sure you’re all wondering how in the world I have the numbers of 5 world-wide famous, gorgeous, pop music stars. Well, I’ll tell you that, but we have to go back around two years ago, the night before Zayn’s audition for The X Factor.

“Mom, I told you. I don’t really want to go. I mean what would I do there anyway?”  I pleaded.

“Skye, for the last time, you’re coming. Patricia asked us to come for moral support.” My mom sighed, “The X Factor isn’t a joke. Zayn needs someone to be there and talk to him.” She went back to cooking. Ugh, great, I’ll have to wake up at like two in the morning and support this guy I barely know.

~~~ Morning of Zayn’s audition, 3 a.m.~~~ 

“Zayn, this is Skye. Skye, this is Zayn.” Zayn mum, Patricia introduced.

“Hi.” He smiled weakly.

“Hey.” I smiled, trying to give him the encouragement my mum lectured me about for two hours.

We stood there awkwardly for two minutes until my sister called us to the car “Skye, Zayn, come on.” She shouted.

“We better go.” He said.

I nodded and we headed to the car. Zayn’s little sisters, Waliyha and Safaa were sleep and Doniya was sitting beside Meredith, so against my intentions, I ended up beside Zayn. I opened my book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and started reading until I noticed Zayn looking at the book.

“I didn’t know you liked Harry Potter.” He said.

“Harry Potter's only my life.” I smiled. For the first time, his face brightened up

“Really? Same here.”  I was really surprised. The Zayn I remembered from years ago never seemed to be the kind of lad who would like Harry Potter.

“Cool.” I said and unsure of what to say next, went back to reading. Zayn looked outside the window and tapped his fingers on his legs to the beat of the song on the radio.

After a couple of hours of driving, we finally got to the place where the auditions were taking place. We went into the queue and stood there for what seemed like eternity. We finally got into the building and Zayn and his mum filled out the audition forms. We waited anxiously for Zayn’s number to be called. When his name was called, we all went back stage where the host greeted so loudly that I could swear my eardrums burst.

Before he went I said “Good Luck!” and he went on to the stage nervously. The judges asked him to introduce himself. He did and then he started his song.

He was good. I thought he was doing it as a joke; his voice was a little shy but there was potential.  I looked at my sister and I could tell she was surprised by his voice too. Still in a daze, I heard the faint voices of judges voting yes and Zayn’s sister squealing with happiness.

Zayn ran backstage and he hugged his mum and sisters. I wasn’t expecting a hug but he pulled me into one and it instantly felt amazing, I felt as if I was meant to be in his arms.

“That was very well done.” I heard my voice whisper into his ear.

“Thanks.” He let go of me.

 We all got back into the car and this time I made sure that I sat beside him; we talked the whole ride about music and Harry Potter.

Just before leaving, he turned and looked at me “Hey, next time your mum comes over, come with her. Maybe we can talk more about Harry Potter or something."

*End Flash-back*