Thirty Seven

Leo

I open my eyes and darkness welcome me, it took time before I familiarized myself in the dark.

"Good thing you woke up."

I shiver when I heard that voice and look at where it came from.

"What did you do to him?"

He opened a lamp shade besides the bed where I am lying. "Who? Linong?"

"Don't play dumb."

He made a tsk-ed sound and I rolled my eyes. Still arrogant as ever.

"Nothing. He just fainted when I was driving him here. That's not a big deal."

"Big deal? The big beal was you shown yourself again."

He stood up and put his hands in the bed's headboard to trapped me. I bit my lip seeing his dark expression, did I just provoked him? Nice then.

"I'm back to finished what we've started."

I raised an eyebrow to him.

"No. The last time we did that thing we endangered someone's life!"

"Who cares about her? He tried to come between us!"

"You're wrong, she just wanted the both of us to live a normal life."

"And what do you mean about normal life? Cause for me it means eliminating us!"

I took a deep breath and push him, he held my hand tightly that makes me yelp in pain.

"Cause we shouldn't be living their lives in the first place!"

I said and was shocked when he slapped me so hard, I held my cheek because of that. His facial expression changed and then put his hands on it. He wiped something from my eyes, I didn't notice I was crying because of the pain. Damn, he is strong enough to break my bones.

"I-Im sorry. It was just.. You agreed in everything I planned the last time we talk!"

"And that was a long time ago. I don't want to do that now---"

His dark face back again so I wasn't able to continue what I'm about to say and just gulp.

"What are you saying? Mom won't be happy hearing you say that."

His voice became deep and dangerous.

"She's dead! She cannot do anything!"

He held my chin in a manner that I felt more pain from the slap I got a while ago.

"That's why! We are going to wherever she is now."

I tried so hard to get out from his grip but he's just so strong. I look at his eyes and nothing change I shut mine to calm myself.

"Don't try to go against my will, okay? You're the only one I have now."

---

Mingjun

"What are you doing here?"

I look at Peiyao who walks to the room, I bump fist with him before he sat down in the seat in front of me.

"You know me. I can't stay at home with nothing to do."

He nodded, "You're right."

We are currently here at the club room while I was busy reading and reviewing my notes he spoke suddenly.

"Ah I remember, Chen Linong's your stepbrother right? I heard he and Cai Xukun broke up already."

I look at him and he is staring at me seriously, well he does that when he wants to talk like as in talk. I put down my notebook before answering.

"I heard the news but I wasn't able to talk to Nong to personally ask. Why?"

His expression is vague, there is something he wants to say but cannot continue. He took a deep breathe and decided to continue.

"I still can't get over about something, do you remember that time when he rushed over here to ask us about the letter we broadcasted?"

Remembering that time, it was actually funny cause that was the first time I saw Kun mad about something.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I am in charge of picking letters that time and saw Cai Xukun personally put that letter here so I was really confused then. I picked it because I thought he really wanted Nong to hear his thoughts but I was wrong. It's like there's two personality inside him that even him doesn't know."

I look seriously at Peiyao to know if what he was saying is true. But knowing him, he's the kind of person who doesn't waste words.

"But that was just my wild imagination running. I was accurate at him putting that letter personally here, tho."

I stare blankly at my notebook before deciding to go to Chen Linong's house.

"Where are you going?"

I run towards the door.

"Just somewhere."