Chapter 10

Skyllers POV

When morning finally broke, Ray, Shannon and I set off with me and Ray walking and Shannon riding on my back, because she didn't want to ride on Ray's, and the walk was too long for her to walk by herself.

"We're almost there" I say to the group.

"Finally!" Shannon says from my back.

"What's the plan chief?" Ray asks "Your the one who has been a dog before, and your the one who knows the building better than anyone. What are we going to do?"

"We are at the back of the building, so we go the though the ventilation shaft to the cage room, and Shannon will drop down a-" I begin

"Wait, why do I have to drop down into a room full of dogs!?!?" Shannon interrupts

"Because" I continue "Ray and I will go into the hall way and open the doors to get us out"

"... Ok then. Which one is Nat?" Shannon asks.

"Nat is a golden retriever with a collar that says Dixie on it." I reply while Ray tries to hold in his laughter behind us.

*5 Minutes Later*

Shannon's POV

We crawled through the air-vents, well, Sky and Ray did. I didn't like what I had to do, but if it was for saving my best friend, I would do it in a heartbeat. We got to the room where all the dogs where, and I sighed.

"Ok guys, we're here." Sky says to us.

"Alright, Shannon, off ya go!" Ray says to me.

"Oh shut up you!" I hiss at him, and looked through the grate into the room where Nat was. I sigh again, pop it open and jump down.

As I fell, I thought about the myth that cats always land on their feet. I hoped I was true, but it was obvious that it was too late to matter.

Then, I felt the floor under my feet, and I felt good that I made it. I immediately scampered off to the wall while the dogs got a whiff of me, and started to bark like mad.

It took me a minute, and with my newly sensitive hearing it felt like longer, I found the cage where Nat was.

"Nat?" I call in the cage.

Suddenly she springs up in my face yelling "CAT! DOGGY like kitties..." She crackled sickly.

I furrowed my brow "Nat you ok Girl?"

"Oh Kitty, it's terrible in here..." She starts to ramble on.

"She's never been in here before." A voice from behind me said. "She's gone crazy Shannon"

I spun around to see who was talking, though I thought I already knew.

"Skyla? What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Wadda you think? I was caught by dog catchers." She replied, her head in her paws, ears drooping.

I rushed over to her cage, and popped the latch.

"Well, help me get Nat outta here." I say to her, rushing over to Nat's cage. "When I open it, you grab her, OK?"

"Alrigty!" She replies, and I reach up and pop the latch. Nat shoots out, and Skyla grabs her in her mouth by the scruff of her neck. Then, we see the door open and Skyller and Ray there, hurrying us up. We run, me barely keeping up with my little legs, and we made it through the doors, and out into the hallway.

"Follow me!" Ray yells at us, and we run after him, to the front doors, which are automatic.

The receptionist watches us as we run out, and picks up the phone, but it's too late. We're already out, and gone.

Ten minutes later, we're back in the alley where Ray, Skyller and I all met.

"So Shannon," Skyller says to me in private, "Who's the other dog?"

Sighing, I reply, "Sky, it's your sister."