Chapter 6

'I knew that it was a bad idea'

Skyllers POV

I had woken up to the sounds of Nat screaming, then I felt hands pick me up. I squirmed around, trying to get free, and made a lot of noise. I suddenly remembered that when I bite something, it would hurt, so I bit at the mans arms, and managed to get free. I jumped away from him, and I ran around the corner of the gas station hiding. Nat, unfortunately, wasn't as lucky. She was put in the back of an animal control truck, and it drove off.

I padded back to my bag of stuff, and put it on.

'I have to rescue Nat' I thought to myself, and set off to where the kennels in town were.

As I walked along, another German Shepard approached me, and I could tell right away, it was a she, and she was in heat.

"Why hello there, handsome" She said to me.

"Erm, hello? who are you?" I inquire.

"Y'all can call me Melanie" Melanie replied.

"Hi, my name is Skyller. Can I help you with something?" I say, backing off.

"Why, yes, you can. Help me bear puppies!" She barked.

"Um, no? Sorry, I already have a mate" I growl, upset.

"That wasn't a question" She suddenly said, growling angrily.

"Too bad." I say, turning and running. She sprinted after me, at my heels. I took a sharp left, and jumped quickly over a chain-link fence. She didn't see it in time, and ran straight into it, and fell unconscious.

I ran down the alleyway, and got back on course for the kennel.