❇ 𝕶𝖎𝖒 𝕾𝖊𝖔𝖐 𝕵𝖎𝖓 ❇

He smiles at me, and I am suddenly seventeen again - the year I realize that love doesn't follow the rules, the year I understood that nothing is worth having so much as something unattainable...❞

-Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

Haewon stood at one end of the long table, fidgeting with the end of her dress, her virtually nude legs making her look uncomfortable

Haewon stood at one end of the long table, fidgeting with the end of her dress, her virtually nude legs making her look uncomfortable. She kept being reminded of why she disliked dressing up in the first place.. Had it not been her best friend's wedding, she would have been binge-watching some series. But now she was doomed to put up with the entire crowd of unfamiliar people who, according to her mother, were their past neighbours from their previous place although Haewon had no recollection of any of them. She mentally cursed her friend Minsoo for getting married so early.

"Is that you, Mrs Lee?" Suddenly, a woman with an unusually strident voice appeared and began conversing with Haewon's mother. Her mother, as expected, seemed to recognise her right away.

"Greetings, Mrs Kang! It's been a long time, "She hugged the woman. Haewon immediately recognised the woman as Aunt Jeongha, who used to live two houses away from them and had a knack of pulling her cheeks too much. Well, I was a chubby child. I can't blame her...

"And look at this! Our Haewonie has grown up into a beautiful young lady!" Mrs Kang was almost ready to pull her cheeks again when Haewon laughed awkwardly. Beautiful young lady..hah! She should see me in my zombie's hair, reading glasses and baggy sweats at home...

"Ahh kids grow up so fast and all you can do is just watch them making their own lives. Our Soo-yah is getting married already and it seems like only yesterday my Haewon and Minsoo joined primary schools together," Haewon's mother spoke with a warm smile getting all emotional.

"You're right. I mean our Jin has also grown up into such a handsome young man. I could see all the girls swooning at him," Mrs Kang added.

"Jin?" Haewon's mother was confused. Haewon somehow felt that she had heard that name.

"You forgot the Kims. They used to be our neighbours but they left to live abroad a long time ago," Mrs Kang exclaimed. Haewon's mother seemed to have little recollection.