❇ 𝕶𝖎𝖒 𝕹𝖆𝖒 𝕵𝖔𝖔𝖓 ❇

More like the movie where the guy meets a smart girl who wears a lot of sweaters and drinks cocoa. They talk about books and issues and kiss in the rain.❞

-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Yena hummed as she walked along the side of the road, kicking the pebbles along the way

Yena hummed as she walked along the side of the road, kicking the pebbles along the way. She was happy that it was finally Saturday. After a long time, she'd finally be having a free weekend. Soon she reached her destination. The local book rental shop.

Yena simply loved comics. So much that half of her allowances were brutally spent on renting comics. She had been doing it since she was in middle school and since her grades had always been good enough even in her High school, her parents had no choice but to allow her to continue. But what made Saturdays even more exciting was that it was the day when the weekly issue of her favourite comic was out.

She entered the shop, following a familiar tinkering of bells caused by it. The familiar aroma of old and new books surrounded her. She had been coming here forever and she couldn't deny that it was her little heaven.

"Jiho buddy, look who is back!" Yena chirped as she greeted the middle-aged owner of the shop. He shook his head with a small laugh.

"Girl I'm most probably the age of your father and you just keep on refusing to use any kind of honorifics at all. What did I do to deserve so much disrespect?" Jiho huffed as he came out from his counter and gave the girl her regular quota of cadies.

"Because you're my oldest friend Jihoyah. You should have stopped me when I was a kid. Now it's too late and I guess I'm gonna call you Jiho for the rest of my life. And I know you're too young at heart to be called ahjusshi," Yena teased him. Jiho sighed as he accepted that he could never win when it came to reasoning.

Yena straightaway went to the section of her favourite book. Sometimes she wondered what other girls of her high school thought of her because she always drowning in comics while they were preoccupied in their small talks. Her mother insisted that she should start paying more attention to herself since she's going to be a University student soon. But things like that were secondary for her. She wanted to read as many books as she could before the responsibilities of life shackled her.