Chapter Two

I wake up in a clean bed. I'm in a what looks like an infirmary. There are two other people here with me in beds like mine. The first one is a girl about my age with long frizzy red hair, chocolate brown eyes, and around my height. The second one is a boy, he has short dark brown hair, looks to be a year older than me, green eyes, and a foot taller then me. The boy has a broken leg and the girl has a broken arm. I feel like I've seen the boy somewhere before, but I can't remember where. The girl is awake.

  "Hi, what's your name I ask her.

  "My names Ashley what's yours? You must be knew because I don't know you and I know everyone." Ashley says.

  "I'm Will. Do you have powers too. How long have you been here?" I ask.

  "So you are knew. You've already unlocked your powers?" Ashley asks me.

  "Yeah, is that not normal? Does everyone have fire abilities, or  do other people have different powers." I ask.

  "Most people don't figure out what their power is until a week after they have been here. Some people have different powers than you. There are ten different types of mages you could be, a darkmancer, a photomancer, a fulgurmancer, pyromancer which is what you are, a hydromancer, a terramancer, an aeromancer which I am, a herbomancer, or a chronomacer." Ashley says.

  "Wow. So mages are real? Like mages from stories? I'm a mage?" I ask amazed.

  "Yeah. Your taking this better than I thought you would." Ashley says.

  "What is this place anyway?" I ask confused.

  "This place is a school for young mages like us to learn how to control our abilities" Ashley says.

  "Where do we live?" I ask.

  "Here." Ashley says.

  "How did you break your arm?" I ask curious.

  "I was sparing with a terramancer and a rock broke my arm." Ashley says.

  "Are you okay?" I ask.

  "Yeah I'm fine I'm getting the cast off today. I'm just waiting for the nurse to come." Ashley says.

  "Who's the boy?" I ask.

  "He's Charlie. He's getting his cast off today as well. He's instructor Barry's son." she says. That's why he looked familiar.

  "I hate Barry, he tranquilized me." I say.

  "Did you try to fight him?" she asks.

  "Yeah." I say. Right then the nurse came in with another man.

  "Hello my name is Nicholas." the man says.

  "My name is Will." I say.

  "Ashley probably told you a lot already." Nicholas says. "I'm the the principle here at T.A.E.M., The Academy for Elemental Mages. Barry told me that you are a pyromancer. Is that correct?"

  "Yes." I reply.

  "Well come with me I will show you your room and then get someone to help you figure things out. You and your buddy have the day off but tomorrow you will start classes." Nicholas says.

  "Okay." I say. I hope I have a nice buddy.

  "Can I be his buddy! Please Mr.Nicholas." Ashley asks. I silently hope he says yes.

  "Yes." Nicholas says.

  "I can bring him to his room if you tell me the room number sir." she says.