The locket

Story that this is uploaded later then I wanted it to have it sooner but I had to go to Texas for a Wedding last weekend and I have a new kitten named Pippa. She crawls all over stuff and sometime she accidentally deletes a paragraph. The next chapter will be long and Harry will be in it that's why it going to be longer. I haven't started on it yet but soon, the only time I have off work this week is Saturday. Also thank you for the reviews!

> "All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride." - Sophocles, Antigone

Sirius was now sitting on the side of his bed where Regulus lays. Looking over at his little brother, he was the picture of bliss thanks to the dreamless sleep potion Mrs. Weasley provided Regulus with. Thankfully the potion caused his brother breathing to even out and he had stopped trembling, Regulus eyes were swollen from tears and his cheeks are a rose color but he was still unnaturally pale. He was always like that, Regulus hair was a mess on the pillow curls in every direction. Molly Weasley had tucked Regulus in the warm thick blanket up to the chin, Sirius's pillow was so big compared to Regulus head it would almost look like a child was sleeping in the bed. Sirius clenched his teeth in anger his brother was a child, he died as a child. A child that had desperately tried to reach our but had lost  all options.  Except death.

Sirius clenched his hands in anger at the thought of Regulus choice. His anger really wasn't towards Regulus but mainly at himself. The argument that he had with his brother before the potion was given to him opened his eyes a little. Through all the yelling and crying there was one thing that Regulus said that made Sirius very sick.

"Your door was locked."

Those words almost made Sirius turn green. No one seem to understand but him, he knew. As a child, Sirius always kept his bedroom door open for Regulus when he had a nightmare or was genuinely scared of something. It's wasn't what Regulus meant but Sirius understood the metaphor. He had shut him out casted him. It was almost felt as if Sirius abandon him and in a way he did. Regulus did come to him but he turned him away left him to his death.

You killed him. A dark twisted voice weaves through Sirius. He denied what the voice said telling it that it was Regulus choices that lead to his death not him.

You never once considered your actions for wanting freedom. Sweat Regulus's freedom and life was your price for freedom.

That wasn't true he wouldn't sacrifice his brother for that no matter what even...even if he had too. He had to much pride and justice to do that. The voice laughed at him.

Pride and justice is such a bad sin but it wasn't pride that killed your brother it was greed and justice. Greedy for your freedom so you stripped him of his by running away leaving him at the mercy of your parents and justice for seeing him pay for what he did as a Death Eater. Don't make me laugh your an adult now, you should know that things in life isn't black and white but grey. Nothing comes free.

Sirius told the voice to shut up very loudly that Regulus stir a little but not wake. He watched a Regulus settled himself back to sleep trying to ignore the voice but it was futile.

Your old burdens became his. Maybe If you had just stayed he would have grown into a man he was meant to be and would not have died as a frightened child.

Sirius clenched his hands tighter in anger because maybe the voice was right. His stomach dropped It hurt because it was right. Sirius kept on listening to the voices poison words until he realized something horrid. It was his own voice he was listening to. He turned his gaze from Regulus to his hands and noticed one hand was bleeding. Opening his bleeding hand he held with in it a locket. But not just any locket but the locket his baby brother died for. The locket was green and had a symbol of a snake in the middle with runes around the sides. With in it was a swirling smoke and had a green glow to it.  Kreacher had reluctantly gave Sirius the locket after the fight with Regulus. His brother had to order Kreacher to give it to Sirius. Before Regulus had fallen asleep he told Sirius that it was Salazar Slytherin's locket and it belonged to Voldemort along with that it had been tampered with. Regulus memories are still a bit muddled so he couldn't tell his story straight, Kreacher helped fill in pieces and warned not to wear the necklace or be with it far to long in general. Kreacher told them that it made him see and hear things that weren't there and that he was unable to destroy it.