Boggart

Hello fellow readers! I'm sorry this is going to be long chapter and it was not updated on the time I wanted it to be. On June 14th, 2018 my great-grandmother passed away at home at the age of 92. A lot of the things are happening so fast for me and I'm struggling to steady myself. So please be patient with me, this has now happened it wasn't a surprise but I wasn't really ready for it. Thank you for your time and your reviews they help me better my writing. Also I'll be editing the story once it is finished, i have someone who is amazing at editing.

> Fear makes us feel our humanity - Benjamin Disraeli

Regulus Black age 18, The Cave, Great Britain, 1979

The sounds of water crashing together as Regulus Artcurus Black and his family house elf, Kreacher went farther into the cave. The air was musty and wet also cold even with the heavy robes Regulus was wearing he could feel it. He could feel death behind him. His heart and mind knew what he was about to do he will not see the light of day. This was Regulus last day on this earth. It scared him so mush that his hands were trembling but he had a mission and he was going to see it through. This was the day he would betray Voldemort, Regulus had considered leaving earlier on but nothing drove him to it until now. That man took everything from him, branded him like cattle. His family had forced this upon him made him a slave to a man he did not believe in. Everyone was so blinded by him that they didn't even know Voldemort himself was a half blood.  Not only would he free himself today even if it means ending his own life but it also meant that maybe one day with this final act of bravery that had been pushed down for years will help the next generation to fight back and rise above.

Regulus felt a tug on his robe as he stopped at the age of what it seem to be a lake to him. He looked down to see Kreacher pointing to the opposite side of the lake. Regulus turned his head to the other side of the lake and saw a basin that was standing on rocks. He noticed at the bank of the river on the other side there was a boat and it was most likely the only way to get a across. Regulus lift his wand and aimed at the boat. "Accio boat!" The boat came to them as it got closer his heart started to race. There was no turning back Regulus reminded himself as kreacher and him got into the wooden boat. "Locomotor." The boat moved forward as they got closer to the other side Kreacher gasps in horror.

Master Regulus, the water!" Kreacher pointed into the water, Regulus leaned over on the other side to take a look. There were dozen of Inferi at the bottom of the lake, eyes glowing but they themselves were frozen. Regulus straightens himself on the boat trying to calm his nerves reminding himself that this was his choice. He had went to Sirius a day before asking for help but not all that surprised he was turned away. The boat jerked as it hit the other side of the lake causing Regulus body to sway at the sudden movement.

"Is Master Regulus sure he must do this?" Kreacher asked with a quivering in his voice as they got off the boat. Regulus didn't answer him just kept moving forward to the basin. Yes this was the only way now there were no other options left for him. This is what happens when all the other doors have closed and locked themselves and only deaths door remains open. Because death will always keep its door open. Regulus had once thought Sirius would keep his door open but it had closed it self once Sirius had abandon him to their parent for his friends. Regulus was now standing in front of the basin looking down at the liquid that was with in. It was a potion no doubt and would have to drink it in order to get what was at the bottom. It was an Emerald color so there was no doubt that this was the Drink Of Despair. Taking both hands Regulus griped the side of the jar. Tears started to appear in his eyes not because he was sad or angry it was regret because there was so mush he wanted to do and yet will never get to do. The choices of others had pushed him upon this path that there was no way of getting out of, Regulus knew he should have been stronger maybe this wouldn't have happened to him but he wasn't then but now he was strong enough to do this.