The original Jennie says, "I had a plan to protect her."

"Yeah, I read it. I'm not sacrificing myself so someone else can be with my wife. Jeans too."

The original unbuttons them, thinking, I misjudged. We're not all the same.

"How many of us have you murdered tonight?" Jennie asks.

"Four. I'll kill a thousand of you if that's what it takes."

As Jennie pulls off the jeans, one leg at a time, she asks, "Something happened to you in the box, in those worlds you mentioned. What turned you into this?"

"Maybe you don't want them back badly enough. And if that's the case, you don't deserve them any—"

Jennie throw the jeans at the other and charges at her.

Wrapping her arms around the other's thighs, Jennie lifts with everything she got and run her straight into the wall, crushing the air out of her lungs.

The gun hits the floor.

The original kick it into the kitchen as the other Jennie crumples.

Jennie drives her knee into her lookalike.

She hears bone crunch.

Grabbing her head, Jennie brings her knee back for another blow, but the other sweeps Jennie's left leg out from under her.

Jennie slams into the hardwood floor, the back of her head hitting so hard she see bursts of light, and then the other's on top of her, blood dripping off her ruined face, one hand squeezing Jennie's throat.

When the other hits Jennie, she feels her cheek fracture in a supernova of pain below her left eye.

The other hits her again.

Jennie blinks through a sheet of tears and blood, and the next time she can see clearly, the other is holding a knife in the hand she was hitting Jennie with.

Gunshot.

Jennie's ears were ringing.

A small black hole through her sternum and blood spilling out of it and down the center of her chest. The knife drops from her hands onto the floor beside Jennie. She watches her put a finger in the hole and try to plug it, but the blood won't be stopped.

The other takes a wet, ragged breath and looks up at the woman who shot her.

Jennie cranes her neck too, just enough to see another Jennie aiming a gun at her.

This one is clean and reserved, and she's wearing the black leather jacket that Lisa gave to the original Jennie ten years ago during their anniversary.

On her left hand, a gold wedding band gleams.

Jennie's wedding ring.

Jennie2 pulls the trigger again, and the next bullet shears off the side of Jennie's attacker's skull.

She topples.

Jennie turn over and sit up slowly.

Spitting blood.

Her face on fire.

Jennie2 aims the gun at the original.

She's going to pull the trigger.

Jennie actually see her death coming, and she have no words, just a fleeting image of her as a child on her grandparents' farm in western Iowa. A warm spring day. A massive sky. Cornfields. She's dribbling a soccer ball through the backyard towards the "goal"—a space between two maple trees.