A Valentines Masquerade Part Six

...............

COMMENT FOLLOW AND OF COURSE VOTTTTTTEEEEE

**this chapter is a *little* bit longer than the other by about two thousand words, but eh, potato patato. No major difference.  There will be one last part of A Valentines Masquerade, and it very may well be the last chapter of this entire book. But I'm not sure! I spent a very long time on this chapter, so please read it all the way!! 

<3

......................

YOUR POV

I woke up to see rays of sunlight on the maroon blanket that encased my body. What time was it? I glanced over at my clock.

10:30 AM

Wow. I must've needed to sleep in. I gently pushed the covers off of me and put a casual t-shirt with the Hogwarts logo on it and a pair of long sweatpants on. Also, a good pair of sneakers. Pleased with my attire I headed down to the Great Hall. You didn't need to wear formal attire on weekends, which I rather liked. I walked past the courtyard, where a brush of cool air hit me and caused me to shiver. Sometimes winter was just annoying. Getting warmer by the second, I arrived in the Great Hall. But not before a hand grabbed mine and pulled me to the side.

"What do you-" I started.

"Calm down, I just want to talk." said a voice with a semi-thick Hungarian accent. He also let my hand go.

It was that Hufflepuff boy. The one with brown hair and blue eyes. I had to admit, they were quite interesting. They weren't quite blue when you looked into them. They were....a warm, icy color. They had specks of green and brown in the center, next to the pupil. But, it was like looking into a crystal ball. They trapped you in them and you wanted to learn more about the person. And....wasn't this the guy that Matt fancied? Hm...

"Okay." I agreed. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Your friend Matt.....everytime I attempt to talk with him, he makes up an excuse and walks away. Also, his face looks very red. Is he sick? I am causing something to happen with him?" He asked innocently. "Oh, and I should've done this first, but my name is Chase Cullivan."

"Nice to meet you Chase, and no, he isn't sick." I said. "Are you going to the dance later?"

He nodded. "Yes, I am. But....I don't have a date. Yet, here I am. Going anyways...."

"Don't worry," I clapped his shoulder, "maybe you'll find someone."

His sky-blue eyes darkened over. "I doubt it....but, I hope your right. Anyways, it was nice to know Matt's okay. He's a good classmate and good friend. See you later."

The canary-robed Hufflepuff walked off in direction of his common room. Well, now Matt had a chance with him! Since Chase lacked a date, I could just substitute Matt in help him out. Even better, Chase spoke rather highly of him so he had a bigger chance of getting with him. I mentally nodded in satisfaction before setting down to eat breakfast. Sitting down, I grabbed (a/an) (favorite breakfast food) and ate it happily. Sure, there was gossip about who was going out with who and such things like that, but I was too happy to be bothered by them. I quickly finished up and headed up to the common room to get ready for the oncoming ball. I flew through the student-crowded hallways, making sure not to hit anyone. I climbed about two or three staircases (some were longer or shorter than others) before reaching the common room. When I glanced at the clock, it was only about 1:00. My plan was to get started around four or four-thirty. So, I decided to hang out, chill, and relax. I didn't want to get all nervous- well more nervous- than I already was. I saw Ron and Harry walk in, talking about something.